PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem fuel pump on a rb 30

Swampy
22nd March 2013, 07:47 PM
Hi,

Hoping someone out there can help,

I have a GQ rb30, and the fuel pump is not getting any power, I have checked the relay and fuse and they are fine and getting power,

There is a box under the fuse holder in the kick panel and it has written on the box intank fuel pump but this only has one wire running to it and it has power. I have pulled the box apart at it has relay inside as we'll which is also working fine.

Does anyone know if it is piggy backed off another circuit? Or give me some where else to look.

Please help

Matty

Yendor
23rd March 2013, 12:53 AM
Hey Matty,

Have you check the main fusible link out near the battery?

If you have power at the fuel pump relay, have you tried bypassing the relay to see if the fuel pump runs?

I don't have a wiring diagram for the RB30 so I'm not sure if it's piggy backed off another circuit but I would doubt it.

It will have a safety feature built in, that will turn the fuel pump off if the engine stops running. From memory this is done via an oil pressure switch.

You might have a break in the wiring between the fuel pump relay and fuel pump.

Cheers Rodney

Swampy
23rd March 2013, 05:40 AM
"Hot wired" fuel pump and it was working, where would I find the main fusible link? I will also check the oil pressure switch, thanks Rodney

Yendor
23rd March 2013, 09:52 AM
The fusible links are out near the battery. I think your vehicle has the fuse wire. Start at the positive battery post and follow the cable down, you should see the different coloured fuse wire. Also make sure the connectors aren't corroded.

When you hot wired the fuel pump, was this done at the fuel pump relay or did you just run some wires directly from the battery to the fuel pump?

Does your vehicle have an alarm fitted?

I know you said you have checked the fuses, but are you getting power at all the fuses when the ignition is on? both sides.