PDA

View Full Version : Hi New to 4x4

JacquiO
12th December 2010, 06:26 AM
Hi Just seeing if anyone has had or knows what could be wrong with the demister on me new Nissan Patrol ute. Air will come out towards your face but not out towards the windscreen please let me know if you have had the same problem and what I can do to fix it. Thank you for your time

Opps its a Nissan GQ ute

Regards
Jacqui
jroleary@bigpond.com

NissanGQ4.2
12th December 2010, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Jacqui,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can.

Your better of posting your question under the General Mechanical thread, as not all members view the intro section.

Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

Cheers

Todd

P.s: Drop into the Members Map thread and leave your location and i will add you to the map

Bigrig
12th December 2010, 09:26 AM
G'day Jacqui- welcome aboard. Plenty of useful information on the forum to help your question, plenty of good people and a good laugh to be had too, so feel free to get into the conversations and make the most of it. Enjoy!

YNOT
12th December 2010, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Jacgui,

The fault with your demister could be a broken or dislodged vent control cable, or a stuck vent door.

Tony

Maxhead
12th December 2010, 10:20 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

AB
12th December 2010, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate!

wildgu6
12th December 2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome to Trol town Jacqui O,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
You should find the answers you are looking for around here somewhere.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
12th December 2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

big_fletch
12th December 2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Rapson
12th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome,
I am still new to this forum but already have had heaps of good advice from the members here, post a question and there is a quick responce with good info.
Enjoy!

patch697
12th December 2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
12th December 2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Jacqui, PM sent, please read.

Finly Owner
12th December 2010, 10:25 PM
Hi Jacqui, welcome to Nissans Nut House. I agree with Tony vent door is broken, or stuck which usually is caused by rusty hinge. This eventually will cause your cable to bend when you push/pull control knob, and eventually break.

Tim

Finly Owner
12th December 2010, 10:28 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House. I agree with Tony, the vent doors can stop working because of rusty hinge, this usually results in a broken cable if you persist in trying to make it change position as cable becomes weak through continually bending at the end that attachs to the vent door. Common in older cars and leaky heater boxes.

Tim

oops thought I hadn't posted above reply!

JacquiO
13th December 2010, 02:13 AM
Thank you very much for the great welcome. It is a great site and look forward to reading all the posts and seeking help to questions that may arise with our Nissan. Thanks again