PDA

View Full Version : Now... What brand gauges?

Maxgq
22nd March 2013, 11:10 AM
I know the obvious VDO, but i am looking for a cheaper option, is there different quality gauges?

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 11:31 AM
Yeh can go cheaper but they're cheap for a reason, i've used speco turbo gauges and they have been 2 - 3 psi out, i have also used the autotechnica boost gauge that was out aswell. I only use autometer now. the mechincal gauges are accurate to a degree but for precise readings you should be using liquid filled gauges but their slot more expensive!

Maxgq
22nd March 2013, 11:39 AM
Ahh, right i was wondering about different qualities, thanks for that, where can you but Autometer stuff?

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 01:31 PM
Autobarn or me lol VDO are ok and reasonably priced for 2" gauges but i like 2 5/8" gauges.

healy
22nd March 2013, 01:37 PM
how can you work out if the gauges are out?

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 01:53 PM
how can you work out if the gauges are out?

I had 2 on at the same time to compare and also have accurate gauges at work that get calibrated every once in a while but none will be 100% theres always a slight variation in them. If you look at my pic, on the right is my boost that measures pressure in psi and vacuum in inHg ( inches of mercury) and on the left in blue is my boost controller (digital single solenoid duel stage) measures in kpa so between the 2 i can figure out roughly how accurate they are with this chart
Bit of mucking around but gives you a good guestimation lol

Edit: lbf in2 = psi (pounds per square inch)

kevin07
22nd March 2013, 03:03 PM
Ahh, right i was wondering about different qualities, thanks for that, where can you but Autometer stuff?

rocket industries im sure they are cheaper than autobarn

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 03:10 PM

I can get them at a better price then Rocket industries !

nissannewby
22nd March 2013, 03:35 PM
Vdo for price and quality otherwise spend the dollars like 007 said.

PMC
22nd March 2013, 04:22 PM
I know the obvious VDO, but i am looking for a cheaper option, is there different quality gauges?

I use GlowShift gauges from the US. The following is spiel from there website;

Regards,

RLI

GlowShift offers highly reliable diesel performance gauges that will be sure to satisfy every diesel owner’s desire for performance and dependability. GlowShift’s diesel truck gauges are available in a variety of styles and colors with a selection of features that are unrivaled. Our variety of diesel gauges include our 60PSI boost gauges, pyrometer gauges, transmission temperature gauges, as well as our 30PSI and 100PSI fuel pressure gauges. GlowShift’s diesel gauge kits are available in our 7 Color Series, Elite 10 Color Series, Digital Series, along with our 3in1 Gauges, and our extensive selection of diesel truck gauge pods will compliment your vehicle with a style like no other. Our diesel truck gauge pods are available in single, dual and triple gauge options, and are available for the most popular diesel trucks including the Ford Super Duty with Power Stroke Engine and F-Series, Dodge Ram Cummins and the Chevy & GMC Duramax Trucks. GlowShift stands behind all of its products by including free lifetime technical support and a one year limited warranty with every purchase.

Bradbain
22nd March 2013, 07:19 PM
Have a look at autoplatonium gauges that's what I have

kevin07
22nd March 2013, 09:20 PM

wish i had of known this when i done it im always up for getting things cheaper, i could have got mine cheaper but from the states not worth the risk.a mate of mine will be getting some soon ill be sure to contact you.kev

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 09:22 PM
What series do you want?? Lol

MEGOMONSTER
23rd March 2013, 03:21 PM
I went with Autron gauges
Great looking, 2735827359

FNQGU
9th June 2013, 08:17 PM
I went with Autron gauges
Great looking, 2735827359

Mego,

Don't you find them too bright at night? I have the same setup but with a digital reading for the boost psi reading. Love the gauge, but have been dicking around with the night time settings to get it right. At the moment i have them as a duller grey, but it still seems to bright. I might try to change them to the dull red setting. Too many choices... Fitted the Autron dimming kit as well.

BenK

meh
11th June 2013, 05:10 PM
I have prosport evo digital gauges. They are bright enough in the day and not too bright at night

mudski
11th June 2013, 09:17 PM
McNally gauge here for me. Albeit $275 it was for one ( two in one) gauge but bloody awesome quality and looks to boot.