PDA

View Full Version : Member in need post - capturing the work.

NP99
21st March 2013, 06:11 PM
Hey guys
This is probably a good opportunity to make some vids and photo pictorials on the various jobs you plan to do. Some of the jobs a lot of us may not have attempted before so if its captured we could post them up as stickies or build the mechanical library up.

Just a thought.

Winnie
21st March 2013, 06:45 PM
Great idea mate, like your thinking!

threedogs
21st March 2013, 06:46 PM
X 2 with that idea

Drewboyaus
21st March 2013, 06:54 PM
What an awesome idea. Perhaps for some of those not fixing stuff, they could be filming and photographing....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Ben-e-boy
21st March 2013, 06:55 PM
Its a good Idea but isnt that what the DIY thread is for??

NP99
21st March 2013, 07:32 PM
Its a good Idea but isnt that what the DIY thread is for??

Yes, this post is to raise the idea and get some thought going to prepare this side of the day.

Cbates
21st March 2013, 07:41 PM
I've got a gopro for some live action shots that I can bring. Mayb even do a whole day video and speed it up!

Drewboyaus
21st March 2013, 08:31 PM
I've got a JVC video camera I could bring if I can find it. It's not HD but does have a sizeable hard disk for recording.

mudski
21st March 2013, 09:04 PM
Even better. Hook up a web cam, and get the pc or laptop to take shots every15 or 30 minutes through out the day and then sew the shots together for a 5 minute vid.

Cbates
21st March 2013, 09:13 PM
Or that yea, the gopro can do that too if its easier, just have to connect it to a power source

NP99
22nd March 2013, 09:45 AM
............if one of you guys has a Barry White voice you could do the voice overs :-)

Stropp
22nd March 2013, 02:10 PM
great idea then us poor buggers that cant fly to the other side of the country can be there in spirit.

wildgu6
22nd March 2013, 02:48 PM
What an awesome idea. Perhaps for some of those not fixing stuff, they could be filming and photographing....

Ah yes, you meen someone like Bigus, sitting back in the deck chair with the vid in one hand and a brew in the other with a smoke hangin out his gob... Lol

Only joshin Scotty, I know you'll be right in there mate.

TAPPN OUT

mudski
22nd March 2013, 07:46 PM
Or that yea, the gopro can do that too if its easier, just have to connect it to a power source
I don't own one of those. But setting up a time lapse camera would be good I reckon.

Cbates
22nd March 2013, 08:32 PM
I don't own one of those. But setting up a time lapse camera would be good I reckon.

Hey mate, ill check out the settings tomorrow when I'm home and see what I can sort out, might give it a test run while I'm working on the new/old subaru paddock bomb 27337

I've got heaps of mounts for it to so we can chuck it up high!

Cbates
23rd March 2013, 09:27 AM
I've looked at it and I can take photos every 5 10- 30- 60 seconds, probably every 60 seconds if you add it up, bout 8-10 hours and 60 shots and hour.

stevogq
23rd March 2013, 09:40 AM
What if you stream live on the forum or YouTube and have a plugin every half hour for the forum?.. Just a thought
cheers stevo.

NP99
23rd March 2013, 05:30 PM
What if you stream live on the forum or YouTube and have a plugin every half hour for the forum?.. Just a thought
cheers stevo.

Good idea..........

NP99
28th March 2013, 12:20 AM
Don't forget to assign a cameraman :-)

lorrieandjas
28th March 2013, 12:31 AM
You know - just a thought - if this was to be sent to ACA or TT they'd probably do the filming - not a lot of world news happening at the moment?

Jas

NP99
28th March 2013, 08:52 AM
You know - just a thought - if this was to be sent to ACA or TT they'd probably do the filming - not a lot of world news happening at the moment?

Jas

Yes, a team of wild men rip mans Patrol apart...................never let the truth get in the way of a good story :-)

fracster
28th March 2013, 09:18 AM
If any of you need any help with slideshows, photo processing or the like, please just ask. Would like to be able to help in some way.

Perhaps a big group shot of the car and all the workers would be good, before you all get pissed?

Cbates
28th March 2013, 10:37 AM
Getting new bigger sd card today for taking photos next weekend, I've only got my gopro but if anyone else has a good camera too we can all swap photos, I can bring the laptop to upload them all on the day and distribute them to as many people as I can if you want copies.

lorrieandjas
28th March 2013, 11:24 AM
Yes, a team of wild men rip mans Patrol apart...................never let the truth get in the way of a good story :-)

Yep - didn't say what the segment title would be - you know what they're like - they can make a story out of anything!

Jas

jack
28th March 2013, 11:42 AM
haha, could include some action shots of BA busting into his gunsafe for good measure. What's that sayng 'If it moves - shoot it, if it doesn't - chop it down', (there's a sticker idea for Lucas)

NP99
28th March 2013, 01:53 PM
Yep - didn't say what the segment title would be - you know what they're like - they can make a story out of anything!

Jas

"How could they do this to Healy"? They pulled parts off his Patrol, drank beer in a circle, laughed, ate his food and left. That should do for the article.......... Just leave out the important good bits of the story! :-)