PDA

View Full Version : hello i'm greg d

greg d
11th December 2010, 04:04 PM
hi i'm lookin at buying a gu. A massive step from my hilux but i have seen the light now.
Iwas just hoping for some friendly advice on what to do

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2010, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Greg,

Great bunch of guys and girls on the forum always willing to help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers, Todd

P.s: Drop past the members map thread and leave your location and we will add you 2 the map

YNOT
11th December 2010, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Greg.

Are you looking for a petrol or diesel GU?

Tony

greg d
11th December 2010, 05:40 PM
thanks guys. i'm looking for a turbo diesel about 09. them give 3" lift front air looker 33" tyres and sliders.

patch697
11th December 2010, 05:51 PM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

You will find plenty of support here mate to make your transition that bit smoother if the awesome power & brute strength of the mighty Patrol is a bit over whelming for you.....lololol

All jokes aside, Im glad your giving a Patrol a go... I don''t think you will be disappointed.

greg d
11th December 2010, 05:55 PM
thanks patch697. yep that is the main reason for the upgrade i need the power to pull the camper.

YNOT
11th December 2010, 06:03 PM
Nice choice of car and sensible mods planned.

I just noticed your location is Wamuran, you've got some great tracks in your area.

Tony

Woof
11th December 2010, 06:56 PM
Welcome Greg, enjoy the forum mate

greg d
11th December 2010, 09:36 PM
yes tony we have plenty of great tracks here all within 2 hours from home. Landcruiser park, Glass house power lines, Mt Mee just to name a few. They all vary in difficulty from easy to needing duel lookers and a winch. So when i get the new truck we might arange a trip

YNOT
11th December 2010, 09:53 PM
I'm sure we'll have a few takers for the trip, look forward to it.

Tony

Bigrig
11th December 2010, 10:40 PM
G'day mate - you won't regret the change - had a Hilux myself in a previous life. Heaps of good information and people on the forum, and a good laugh to be had also, so feel free to get involved and make the most of it.

wildgu6
12th December 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Greg, Welcome to Trol town buddy,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Good move going Patrol. I have a 98 GU and love it.
Dont think you will be dissapointed in your choice, they're a tuff rig and they're a great vehicle for towing.

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

greg d
12th December 2010, 04:35 PM
thanks pete just good to some ideas from people that already own one.

Rapson
12th December 2010, 07:32 PM
Welcome,
I am still new to this forum but already have had heaps of good advice from the members here, post a question and there is a quick responce with good info.
Enjoy!

Finly Owner
12th December 2010, 09:59 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Greg, I'm in.

Tim