PDA

View Full Version : LPG Gas Bottles

NP99
20th March 2013, 01:35 PM
The price of a refill ranges from $20 - $25 and a swap from $25 to $38. I'm thinking of buying an adapter and refilling from a servo lpg pump. 8.5 kg x 70c =$12. Who is being ripped off???

Bob
20th March 2013, 01:41 PM
The price of a refill ranges from $20 - $25 and a swap from $25 to $38. I'm thinking of buying an adapter and refilling from a servo lpg pump. 8.5 kg x 70c =$12. Who is being ripped off???

I think that is illegal in Victoria

taslucas
20th March 2013, 01:46 PM
Differing prices for pump vs bottle because of tax and yep it's illegal to fill a bottle from a pump probably because they know they'd lose out on tax and also because it's dangerous

FanTapstic!

NP99
20th March 2013, 02:13 PM
I think its illegal Australia wide.............1 litre of lpg =500gm, so 16 litres at the pump would probably be safe.

Sir Roofy
20th March 2013, 02:23 PM
ive heard its a different mix for cars not like the bbq gas
sorry cant remember how it goes but not advisable to do it
plus its illegal

Winnie
20th March 2013, 02:25 PM
I think its illegal Australia wide.............1 litre of lpg =500gm, so 16 litres at the pump would probably be safe.

Which makes it about the same price... Not worth it!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

NP99
20th March 2013, 02:29 PM
ive heard its a different mix for cars not like the bbq gas
sorry cant remember how it goes but not advisable to do it
plus its illegal

No one really knows what the mix is at the pump or in the bottle...............it all varies on what they pull out on the day. The refineries know, but for you and me its about $300 to have a test done. That's why someday you are burning rubbish and others quality lpg.

Sir Roofy
20th March 2013, 02:34 PM
no one really knows what the mix is at the pump or in the bottle...............it all varies on what they pull out on the day. The refineries know, but for you and me its about $300 to have a test done. That's why someday you are burning rubbish and others quality lpg.

your right about the tests but im sure your not suppose to burn it in the barbie

THATS IT THE WAX BUILDS UP IN THE JETS

Alitis007
20th March 2013, 02:40 PM
Theres more butane to help it burn in car engines for the bbq it has more propane so it burns slower. Bad LPG is a winter mix that has more wax in it so it doesn't solidify/ freeze over thats why the summer gas is better!!

You can get Natural gas from Super gas which is a lot better (120+ron i think) it burns slower but your mixer needs to be able to vaporize it, a few busses run it.

NP99
20th March 2013, 04:29 PM
In rural areas the same truck filling the pump fills the larger decanter bottle...........so we are being ripped off or the gas(quality unknown) is the same.

Stropp
20th March 2013, 05:38 PM
gas is the same or close enough the reason its illegal is the tax difference, best thing anyone with a 45kg bottle at home get a decanter and refill from the 45 its cheaper and a kit costs about $175 and fits lots of diffent bottles, that is the cheapest way but only of you are on bottles at home otherwise its expensive.

NP99
20th March 2013, 09:19 PM
Damn tax!!!!!!!!