PDA

View Full Version : 3 litre turbo diesel Nissan patrol gu

spaanderman65
20th March 2013, 08:35 AM
Hey everyone my name is callum spaanderman I am new to this site so thought I would introduce myself. I have owned a 2001 Nissan Navara 3 litre turbo diesel and now I am looking to buy a Nissan patrol 3 litre turbo diesel. I can't afford to buy anything newer than 2009 so I want to know what year models I should keep away from or some known problems with certain year model 3 litres? Thank you callum

mudski
20th March 2013, 03:07 PM
Head over to the intro's section Callum and introduce yourself there bud. Welcome from me anyhow.
As far as my knowledge goes 2001-2003 were where most of the grenading issues lay. But I have still seen reports of the 3ltrs chucking it in on later models, even up to 2006. If your dead set on a 3ltr, get as late as your budget will allow and with the lowest mileage. Or depending on the budget, look at a 4.2TDi. More money for those but a more reliable engine. Having said that I love my 2001 3ltr, goes like chit of a shovel, doesn't blow an ounce of smoke and is pretty good on the fuel. If it were to die on me, depending on funds I would chuck in a CRD or 4.2TDi.
But remember the later model you buy, the less add-ons you can get too. Fund dependant of course.