PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Papua New Guinea

commsman
19th March 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi All,

I'm obviously new here; hence the post. I'm currently living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and have been here for the last five and a half years since leaving Sydney to come up here for a job. Within the next month or so we'll be heading back to Sydney to pick up a 1998 2.8TD GU Patrol I just bought on line and to drive it to Mackay, QLD to take up the next adventure in life.

I've been travelling Australia since I was a wee lad with Mum and Dad and took the plunge into my first 1997 GQ 2.8TD Nissan Patrol in 1998 from a guy I worked with who decided to sell the car just after kitting it out and then delaying his retirement plans.

Having toured over most of NSW and parts of Victoria I'm looking forward to getting my camping kit and 4WD equipment out of storage (will be interesting to see what condition it is in) and heading out on the weekends and hitting the tracks in Central and Far North Queensland.

My profession is communications; Radios (Everything from HF to Microwave that is and I'm pretty clued up on auto electrics as well including the right and the wrong way of doing things so am looking forward to be able to offer some assistance in areas where people require it.

Brian.

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2013, 05:56 PM
Welcome aboard mate................

growler2058
19th March 2013, 06:17 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

MEGOMONSTER
19th March 2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
19th March 2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

threedogs
19th March 2013, 07:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy

Dhuck
19th March 2013, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

commsman
20th March 2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks all,

Looks like an extremely active and well informed forum community. I had a bit of a poke around the topics last night and was impressed with the knowledge flying around. I was also equally impressed with the fact that most people on here seem to be happy to 'give it a bit of go themselves' when something goes wrong, rather than racing off to the local Nissan Dealer or aftermarket accessories supplier.

lorrieandjas
20th March 2013, 11:13 AM
Hi Brian and welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be had (and to be given!). :)

Jas

Drew
20th March 2013, 05:42 PM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Maxhead
21st March 2013, 05:59 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

rtype16
27th March 2013, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the forum may your patrolling be fun and exciting!

my third 256
27th March 2013, 08:03 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen