PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

WYLUTE
18th March 2013, 05:34 PM
I live on a farm in the Lower Hunter Valley NSW and have a 2000 model GU 4.2 TD trayback. I bought it at auction ex Country Energy in 2003. I am very happy with the Patrol.
I had a snorkel fitted and had the engine modified with 3 inch exhaust, uprated boost and hi clones. This increased power and economy.
When I decided on towing a large trailer the original 2500kg manufacturers rated towing capacity was inadequate. After looking around, the chassis was modified for a towing capacity of 4100kg, which it handles well. This was done by Multi Axle Conversions in Brisbane. They checked my specifications and decided the back axle could carry another 400kg, which meant their RTA qualified engineer could give me kerb weight plus 50% as the rated towing capacity. They beefed up the chassis and towbar and did a great job.
I joined the Forum when I had overheating problems early on, which I overcame by keeping the revs up (changing down early) on hills, and removing the driving lights & cutting two 4 inch square holes in the standard bullbar to increase airflow. I also moved the number plate out of the airflow onto the flat of the bullbar. Another thing I did was to rig the wiring of the airconditioner fan so I could turn it on manually from the cab for extra cooling.

Drew
18th March 2013, 06:01 PM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

threedogs
18th March 2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome aboard mate, what bullbar do you have??
Plenty of info here Enjoy

BigRAWesty
18th March 2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome mate. Sounds a top rig. Any pics

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

DX grunt
18th March 2013, 06:24 PM
G'day mate and welcome.

Glad to see another ute on here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
18th March 2013, 06:34 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
18th March 2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

WYLUTE
19th March 2013, 05:20 AM
Hi Threedogs, Bullbar is what I thought was a standard steel unit that originally came with the vehicle.

MEGOMONSTER
19th March 2013, 05:36 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard mate..............

Maxhead
19th March 2013, 07:40 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
19th March 2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.