PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference? Swivel Hub kit and Wheel Bearing kit

rkinsey
17th March 2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Im still in the planning stages of my GQ rebuild project and am making a list of parts that I am going to need in the coming two years.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between a Wheel Bearing kit (Front) and a Swivel hub kit?

Do I need both kits in order to overhaul the front hubs?

Swivel hub kit - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-GR-Y60-Swivel-Hub-Wheel-Bearing-Repair-Kit-Hub-Nut-Socket-/370774454601?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653e13149&_uhb=1#ht_3752wt_1186

Wheel bearing kit - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251178662537?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1878wt_952

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Rob

NP99
17th March 2013, 11:45 PM
They are for two different things. Sometimes the swivel hub kit may contain the wheel bearings too, you need to check what the kit includes. You only need both kits if there is wear

rkinsey
18th March 2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the info NP.

With my Patrol off the road I am going to not only rebuild the engine, but im also going to overhaul the steering, suspension and drive train as well. So at the end of it all I will have a brand new vehicle (Mechanically speaking ofcourse)

My Patrols former owners used the car as a work vehicle but didnt maintain it as best as it should of been. So its a complete overhaul to make sure I cover all bases and then when its finished I will be confident that the car is in the best condition it can be.

taslucas
18th March 2013, 10:18 AM
I got a swivel hub kit from Online Auto Parts. It included the wheel bearings and was cheaper than buying the to kits separately. Good quality, good price and fast shipping with an option for express post.
The kits will say what they have in them and it's just a matter of figuring out what you want to fit.

FanTapstic!

Winnie
18th March 2013, 10:19 AM
I got a swivel hub kit from Online Auto Parts. It included the wheel bearings and was cheaper than buying the to kits separately. Good quality, good price and fast shipping with an option for express post.
The kits will say what they have in them and it's just a matter of figuring out what you want to fit.

FanTapstic!

Yep I got the same kit here. Great quality I reckon at a good price.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

MudRunnerTD
18th March 2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Im still in the planning stages of my GQ rebuild project and am making a list of parts that I am going to need in the coming two years.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between a Wheel Bearing kit (Front) and a Swivel hub kit?

Do I need both kits in order to overhaul the front hubs?

Swivel hub kit - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-GR-Y60-Swivel-Hub-Wheel-Bearing-Repair-Kit-Hub-Nut-Socket-/370774454601?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653e13149&_uhb=1#ht_3752wt_1186

Wheel bearing kit - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251178662537?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1878wt_952

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Rob

The first link has everything you need in it to rebuild both sides of your Swivel Hubs, King Pin bearings and your wheel bearings, (Inner and outer) and the Hub socket that you will need.

Good kit. do that.

NP99
18th March 2013, 11:31 AM
The first link has everything you need in it to rebuild both sides of your Swivel Hubs, King Pin bearings and your wheel bearings, (Inner and outer) and the Hub socket that you will need.

Good kit. do that.

......and allocate some time :-)

rkinsey
18th March 2013, 11:34 AM

Good kit. do that.

Thanks MD and TasLucas for your input. Now I know in which direction I am going. Once I have all of the parts for the undercarrige I will then set asside a weekend to do it all in one go. Alright maybe two weekends.

Cheers,

Rob