PDA

View Full Version : brake help

GU4PLAY
17th March 2013, 06:25 PM
can anyone tell me if the front rotors on a gu4 patrol can come off to skim them without taking apart the hubs????

NP99
17th March 2013, 07:35 PM
What about on car disc machining?

Lieney
17th March 2013, 07:53 PM
Dang. Can't get brain working properly.
I did my bearings etc mid last year and cannot remember.
I am pretty sure the hubs and discs came off as one piece, as I had to replace a couple wheel studs and did bearings too.
X2 with NP99
If the machine is decent, no reason why you cannot do this. I've been meaning to do this for the past 18 months as I still haven't got it done

jimmi
18th March 2013, 01:51 AM
x3 with np99, depending on where you are, there are mobile mechanics with an on car machining service.
hope the helps

lhurley
18th March 2013, 08:46 PM
There are places that can do on car machining, but if you have to replace the rotors then the hub has to come off.

MudRunnerTD
18th March 2013, 09:45 PM
***Edit

No the front disk cant be taken off without stripping the hubs. The wheel,bearings are carried inside the disk housing too and will have to be dropped off too. Remove the wheel and the brake calliper and you can unbolt it all. Fairly simple and an opportunity to inspect everything and repack your bearings.

The rear is easier. Remove the wheel and the calliper and they will pull straight off.

GU4PLAY
18th March 2013, 09:51 PM
cheers guys only asking because a brake and tyre place asked me i don't think they can do on car machining

GU4PLAY
24th March 2013, 07:16 PM
did my front pads if i knew how easy it was would of done it long ago . thanks for the help !

NP99
24th March 2013, 08:03 PM
They only need machining when out of round or deeply scored. Glad you discovered how easy it is.