PDA

View Full Version : Is your patrol a daily driver

threedogs
16th March 2013, 01:56 PM
Is your Patrol a daily driver ,mine is and I'm knackered without it.
Has this changed your driving style.????

Sir Roofy
16th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Mines a daily and id be the same
willing to take it most places
except unessesary bog holes if
theres another way round

MEGOMONSTER
16th March 2013, 02:12 PM
Mines a daily drive, and I drive it like its a go-kart.
Especially now with an empty sub tank and empty main tank, feels a heap faster. Lol

gbab01
16th March 2013, 02:30 PM
Yep it is. Jumping in to traffic can be a bit of a challenge being a 2.8. Not the fastest thing on the road but love it none the less.

TPC
16th March 2013, 02:39 PM
The wife drives mine to work every day as i have company car, probably would try a few more things if it was not required every day.
Tried to convince her I should buy a little car for her and keep the Patrol for fun & trips but she likes driving it and seeing the traffic ahead.

choppie
16th March 2013, 02:54 PM
Mine used to be, every day everywhere, but have retired the Big Girl just for play now

Alitis007
16th March 2013, 03:02 PM
Mines a daily i rekon its saved my license a few times aswell even tho i still throw it around a bit lol

MudRunnerTD
16th March 2013, 03:07 PM
My GUIV is my daily driver and I'd love to park her up and not click up the unnecessary kms of the daily commute into her but oh well.

The GQ is strictly play only! I avoid showing it in public especially in daylight hours and would prefer to head to the bush in the middle of the night than risk getting pulled over and pinned. That would just Suck!! Most of its time in the bush is in the dark! Love driving in the dark ;)

megatexture
16th March 2013, 03:08 PM
I've got a piece of shite single cab ford ranger for work but the missus drives the troll as a daily

NissanGQ4.2
16th March 2013, 03:10 PM
Yes and I drive it like its stolen :)

But she will be retiring in a few weeks, not sure if I gonna fix her up and just use it as a play car / fix it up and use it again as a daily drive again or just strip the old girl down and part her out.

Tonks
16th March 2013, 05:26 PM
Shite no,only used for towing the boat or going bush,

Don't want to put to many clicks on it

Cuppa
16th March 2013, 06:32 PM
Mine is my daily drive, but I don't drive most days. My hermit like existence at the top of the mountain means I only leave the property when I have to, usually go into town once a fortnight or less, but when I do I use the Patrol........ Unless MrsTea's little car is here, in which case I use it 'cos it uses less fuel & I bought the Patrol to tour in, so like to save it for it's intended purpose when practical. Make sense? :)

oncedisturbed
16th March 2013, 06:46 PM
yep mine is as well, would also be lost without it

93patrol
16th March 2013, 06:56 PM
Yep if I'm not taking it to work the Missus is so I can have her car to take the bub

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Woof
16th March 2013, 07:29 PM
Mine is my daily drive but I have changed my driving style so I do not get pulled over..................this best thing is that I do not have to worry about traffic islands in car-parks or curbs anymore.

nickpeacock36
16th March 2013, 07:38 PM
Lucky enough to have a dual cab Ranger company car so the Trols precious diesel is saved for more fun trips out.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

DX grunt
16th March 2013, 07:44 PM
My troll's my daily driver, but fortunately I live close enough to work that I normally either walk or ride my treadly - in work clothes. lol.

I absolutely detest mud and only through sufferance, I traverse it. My mechanic cleans my engine down before he services it after a play in the mud, so he can see what's what. lol.

Forgot to mention that my work car is an XR6 with toys. lol

Drewboyaus
16th March 2013, 07:44 PM
I am also lucky enough to have a company car so the Q is reserved for the fun trips.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

andrewh
16th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Yep daily driver / work car. Bloody expensive though with a trailer in tow - getting around 20/100 which seems pretty ordinary around the city... 500kms/wk so it adds up...

rottodiver
16th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Not meant to be daily driver but I do like driving it so i tend to use it a fair bit.... My car I bought just for work is a commodore and Ruth drives the ss.... Hhhmmm didn't I get the raw end of the deal..... Lol

NP99
16th March 2013, 11:58 PM
Mine gets the Km's up as the daily driver, about 500km a week!

threedogs
17th March 2013, 07:49 AM
You could pick the non daily drivers at my 4x4 club.
they would roll up to meetings in there 4x4
loaded to the hilt, roof top tents etc, plus not a mark
on them, only to be driven home after the meeting
and parked for another month. go figure eh

Maxhead
17th March 2013, 07:57 AM
They GU was my daily before I git the Maverick, now it sits in the shed collecting dust...LOL. Not really but it doesn't get used no way near as much.
I figure if I don't clock too may km's on it it would have better resale value down the line sometime.

MC97GQ
17th March 2013, 08:47 AM
Mines my daily driver and I would be lost with out it.

With the work I do(Gardener, Lawn Mower Man and Handyman), I have a 4' Toolbox on the back that has all my small tools and spare parts.

But when the toolbox comes off it is a good play thing, although the last trip out kept the tool box on which has my two smaller chainsaws in it, the track we were on had a tree over it, the people I went with said it was time to turn around.

Nah, fired up the Husky XP and cut that bad boy into firewood, took half an hour to get rid of it, but at least we got to keep going.

Mark

threedogs
17th March 2013, 08:53 AM
Seems to be a pattern emerging,
Same with me it seems everyone is trying to save putting Ks on their ride.

growler2058
17th March 2013, 09:07 AM
Daily

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Winnie
17th March 2013, 09:14 AM
I've got a company car so the trol is basically left for play time only.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

mudnut
17th March 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm in almost the same situation as Cuppa. I tend to only go into town if need arises. I try to make a tank of juice last as long as possible, and put the money saved, toward mods. I'm lucky to put 6500ks on the clock a year. I use it mostly to go fishing, but I like using it on long trips, because of the upright driving position.

taslucas
17th March 2013, 12:54 PM
Mine has been my daily drive for the last 2 years bit I got a cheapy yesterday and now the trol is play only:-)

FanTapstic!

Wine_maker
17th March 2013, 02:29 PM
As a single car in the family yes, its daily driver.

trekster
17th March 2013, 02:40 PM
Daily for me to go to work, It's a whopping 6km round trip 4 days/week hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krbrooking
17th March 2013, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately my daily and play, doing just under 900km a week as well so the km's are going up really quick and costs heaps in fuel.

89gqpatrol4x4
17th March 2013, 08:06 PM
mine's not a daily but the misses drives it to work half the time to keep the k's down on her car and I won't get so upset if someone open's their door into the troll.

Lieney
17th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Mine is a daily driver.
I drive it off-road, and although I am careful with my baby, do not take the chicken tracks.
It's meant to have scratches and some 'character'.
The reason I made sliders the length I did, was because I damaged the lower plastic flare bit at the back wheel. We were crossing a large log on a track, as we were curious and there was only one way in. Got some serious pin-striping from that are to as the gap was barely wide enough for a sierra.