PDA

View Full Version : Alternator rebuilding.

Cuppa
15th March 2013, 03:27 PM
Hi folks, I after any recommendations you may have for auto electrical places who can rebuild an alternator I have. Preferably in Victoria, & better in Gippsland or the eastern side of Melbourne. If not I'll have to courier it.

It's a 24v item with a vacuum pump on it's back, & with internal regulator diodes. It's off the Nissan ED33 motor in our Civilian bus. It was replaced with one from a wreckers in Sydney, & freighted to us when we were in Broome, after the plastic brush holder broke up & we couldn't get a new one at the time. Since then I've got a new brush holder, but have been told that it is highly likely that the internal regulator diodes may have 'blown'. (Prior to replacing the alternator our dash lights had been doing some strange things, intermittently, up until the time the alternator stopped charging). What I want is a place who can test the old alternator & fix it up as required, including all new bearings & seals. This will be our spare. It is an odd size & getting replacements to fit is not easy (lower 30amp ones are available, but I want to stick with this 60amp one as it charges house batteries as well as the crank batteries).

There was a place in Traralgon I would have taken it to, but the owner retired whilst we were away travelling, & is now travelling around Oz in his own motorhome. So it's been sat gathering dust for a while, in the too hard basket. It occurred to me today in a blinding flash of brilliance that someone here may know of a good place to get it done!

Cuppa

Ps. Was the ED33 ever fitted into Patrols? (4 cyl 3.3 litre n/a diesel).

jimmi
18th March 2013, 02:47 AM
Cherrymotive Auto Electrical in Frankston maybe able to help