PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Serbia, from future owner of MQ Patrol!

misha1973
15th March 2013, 09:02 AM
Greeting from the other side of globe! I am considering a MQ/MK Patrol as a hobby 4x4/towing vehicle/small van replacement, so I joined this forum to gather as much info about them.

Old Patrols are rare beasts here, but I located couple of them, in incredibly good condition, so I am giving them a second thought.
Funny thing, I used to be a greatest diesel Landcruiser 80 and 105 fan, but as most of them around here are either in bad shape or very overpriced, petrol Patrol seem like an unusal, yet logical choice.
LPG conversions are very popular here and rather reasonably priced (Venturi system, with largest permissible tank for passenger vehicle, 90l, cost about 450-600 euros), therefore I prefer to get a car with petrol engine. Does anybody know whether 2.8 petrol engine was prepared for unleaded petrol? IF not, with LPG conversion, installing hardened valve seats would be a first thing to do.

Enough from me! Take care and enjoy your Patrols:)

threedogs
15th March 2013, 09:14 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, plenty of tips and info here for you' Enjoy

AB
15th March 2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
15th March 2013, 12:35 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

growler2058
15th March 2013, 12:40 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

MEGOMONSTER
15th March 2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

healy
15th March 2013, 08:53 PM
welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
17th March 2013, 05:54 AM
G’day Misha, and welcome. Glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Maxhead
17th March 2013, 07:18 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:23 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein