PDA

View Full Version : QLD Tyre Laws ?

04OFF
13th March 2013, 09:56 AM
Hi guys , ive been using search, but i can't seem to find the new info about QLD tyre laws, i don't have my car here ,nor want spend hours going through the VSB14, but im sure its all been discussed on here before ?

Im sure i read you can now in QLD , run 33 inch tyres (285/75/16) legally on a 99 GU wagon , id like to know if you can go "wider" than this running a 305/70/16, as the rolling diameter stays the same, or does the width then become a problem , ill be using standard Gu steel wheels so track and off set wont change, and i have factory flares.

Anyone point me to the right thread, the QLD laws changed after 1st November 2012, im really only after QLD Tyre rules relating to GU Patrols please.

Id also be interested in hearing good and bad from anyone who has 305s , how they drive on the road, tyre wear , and any advantage in off roading.

Photos would be great :D

lorrieandjas
13th March 2013, 10:12 AM
Hi mate,

I think you will find a pretty good summary at http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16841.

Jas

04OFF
13th March 2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks, mate, sort of confirms 33s are OK, i say sort of, only because it looks like a non official chart made by the NCOP and posted by someone on face book.

The rest of the thread is more on lift, nothing on tyre widths etc

lorrieandjas
13th March 2013, 10:42 AM
Hey mate - I checked it against the Qld laws (I'm in Brissie) and it stacked up. Did that about three weeks ago.....

Jas