PDA

View Full Version : hi all from adelaide, south australia

rowanchild
12th March 2013, 08:57 PM
I have a 2004 gu111, i brought it 2nd hand and love it. Hubby Brian and I, (kathy), like to travel when we get a chance.We went up the middle last year Adelaide to Darwin, our first major trip.

We are planning to go up to Darwin via the coast later this year... Adelaide -Melbourne-Sydney- Carins-Darwin... not sure if we should get a caravan or just hotel it...:icon_bonk:

Bloodyaussie
12th March 2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard mate..................

BigRAWesty
12th March 2013, 09:04 PM
Another south Aussie.. geeze. Think that's 4 in a week.. nice

Welcome aboard guys, and gals by the sounds. Heaps of info here for you to ponder threw. From mods to trips its here some were... :D
As you might have seen were all planning a meet in the middle trip mid next year, maybe something you'd be interested in.
Anyway, jump in and Enjoy guys.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

healy
12th March 2013, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
12th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

travisf
12th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Hi there and welcome from another South Aussie.
We used to live in Darwin (25+ years) and had a GQ Patrol for the last few years that we were there for. If you don't want to stay in motels all the way do what we used to do. The biggest trip we did was Darwin-Broome-Perth (and Margaret River, Walpole etc) -Kalgoolie-Adelaide-Darwin. Two adults, two teenage kids and only what we could fit behind the cargo barrier. Esky, tents, gas bottles etc. No roof rack. Most of the time we just camped out but broke up the trip by staying in motels/cabins occasionally. No real itinerary, just day to day travelling.
Enjoy your trip whatever you decide.

wildgu6
12th March 2013, 10:34 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Caravans are good but limited to where you can take them, depending on your route, bitumen/dirt, camper or tents might be the go, motels also good but can suck up the funds, also depends on how long you stay at each stop and the finances.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

lorrieandjas
12th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Hi Kathy and welcome to the forum! Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be had.

Jas

threedogs
13th March 2013, 05:58 AM
Welcome Kathy, Plenty of tips and info here
great bunch of ppl too. jump in anytime
and enjoy

growler2058
13th March 2013, 06:11 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Maxhead
13th March 2013, 07:33 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum guys. If you can get a caravan then go for it, you want regret it!!!

Bob
13th March 2013, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in the Conversations and enjoy the Ride.

AB
13th March 2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

rowanchild
13th March 2013, 11:43 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Brian is Ex navy, he did 20 years and retired, but he is working for Linfox distribution until he feels it is time to retire and is 55 and i am 54, and just stay home and baby sit 3 of the grand kids.. bloody hell.... we have 5 kids and 7 grandkids with 2 more on the way due in may and july... good enough reason to get the hell out of dodge

BigRAWesty
13th March 2013, 11:59 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Brian is Ex navy, he did 20 years and retired, but he is working for Linfox distribution until he feels it is time to retire and is 55 and i am 54, and just stay home and baby sit 3 of the grand kids.. bloody hell.... we have 5 kids and 7 grandkids with 2 more on the way due in may and july... good enough reason to get the hell out of dodge

Hahaha.. you sound like my in-laws... Got rid of the kids and are now out twice a month to get away from us all...
Why not hay, enjoy the serenity.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

BBBB
13th March 2013, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forum Kathy and Brian

bauer
13th March 2013, 08:22 PM
Gday Kathy / Brian welcome to the forum from another newbie. You grandparents have all the fun - dose the kids up with sugar and give em back to us the parents(cant wait til i get there - few more years though - my boys are only 8 and 10

TB

lufkin
14th March 2013, 02:30 PM
Welcome from another south Aussie

TPC
14th March 2013, 02:33 PM
Good to see more South Aussies joining, the Mexicans outnumber us by way too much, welcome aboard.

Cuppa
14th March 2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.
If it were me I'd go for my own accommodation every time, whether it's towed or canvas. Heaps of free & low cost camps on the route you're planning. If you want to check out some of them have a look at 'The Big Trip' on my web site - link below.

Cuppa

bongo
14th March 2013, 07:16 PM
Hi Brian and Kathy

I'm similar just bought a 05 gu S4 love it so far..

Just a little worried about the engine BUT ya get that I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DX grunt
17th March 2013, 05:59 AM
G’day Kathy and Brian, and welcome. Glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:23 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein