PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone :-)

Roo
9th March 2013, 11:54 PM
I thought it was about time I popped in and introduced myself. I've been a member for a while but have been a bit ill so haven't got sorted so to speak.

I've owned a 1989 GQ 4.2 petrol wagon for about ten years now. It would have seen me out for the next ten. A few weeks back it was written of with just over 300,000k's on the clock. I was pretty unhappy.

Today I bought a 1996 GQ 4.2 petrol/gas wagon (TS or TI - whatever it is) in pristine condition with 181,000 on the clock. I almost bought the mighty diesel but do feel that duel fuel is the way to go these days. Anyway, I'm happy again.

I'm 60 years young, semi retired and live on the southside of Brisbane. I use my 4WD mainly for fishing along the beaches of North Straddie, towing my boat and stuff like that.

Over the next 12 months I intend to purchase an 18 ft caravan, or around that size, and do a bit of touring with my wife - running away from the kids!

I look forward to participating here a bit more over coming months. Thanks for the wealth of information here and the opportunity and privilege of being a member.

Best regards
Roo.

PS...Its the first time I've seen it - mine was advertised as a GQ ll - what does the ll mean. I assume series ll??

nickpeacock36
10th March 2013, 12:02 AM
Welcome Roo. Exciting times ahead for you by the sounds of it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

growler2058
10th March 2013, 06:57 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

threedogs
10th March 2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Roo and welcome sounds like the fish up your way need to start worrying,
jump in anytime and enjoy

healy
10th March 2013, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
10th March 2013, 09:14 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Be good to catch up and wet a line mate (and maybe have a coldie!!). We get reasonably often around SE Queensland so keep your eye out for trips posted on here, and obviously feel free to invite others along on yours.

Enjoy!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

Maxhead
10th March 2013, 09:14 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

BBBB
10th March 2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome Roo - great forum

Roo
10th March 2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome - very much appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. (after I clean my new wheels haha!) Thanks again.

Rgds
Roo

Bloodyaussie
10th March 2013, 10:57 AM
Welcome aboard there young fella......................

AB
11th March 2013, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

BigRAWesty
11th March 2013, 08:15 AM
Welcome roo. Sounds like a top plan you have there... Enjoy it, and font forget trip reports with lots of pics.. we love pics

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

wildgu6
11th March 2013, 10:14 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Sounds like a get away is what you and the wife need,
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

MEGOMONSTER
11th March 2013, 07:27 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Roo
17th March 2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks again everyone. I do appreciate the warm welcome :-)

DX grunt
17th March 2013, 05:45 AM
G’day Roo, and welcome. Glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:17 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein