PDA

View Full Version : The things you see at Bunnings

Woof
9th March 2013, 09:40 PM
Check this budgie out, the football is an over sized one, the piece of paper just below the footy is an A3......such a bloody big bird
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130309_135041_zpse6532b33.jpg

GUtsy ute
9th March 2013, 09:44 PM
Have to collect the roadkill to keep it fed!

Winnie
9th March 2013, 09:48 PM
Bloody big one that! I was outside hanging out the washing today and there was a king parrot in the tree above, he kept picking off acorns and throwing them at me and my dog. Drove the dog crazy!

Woof
9th March 2013, 09:56 PM
This Barking Owl was there as well, the handler got him to bark once but I got him to bark several times by going WOOF WOOF, got a lot of funny looks from people but it would have to be the most intelligent conversation I have had for quite a while.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130309_135107_zps552d7bb5.jpg

GUtsy ute
9th March 2013, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=The Dogman;343380]This Barking Owl was there as well, the handler got him to bark once but I got him to bark several times by going WOOF WOOF, got a lot of funny looks from people but it would have to be the most intelligent conversation I have had for quite a while.

Relative of yours? LOL

Sounds like you need to get on here a bit more!!

Bloodyaussie
9th March 2013, 10:00 PM
While Irish and I were hunting we came across an eagle in the middle of a paddock and we thought it was a bloke hunched over??? it then opened up took a few big strides and opened it's wings and took off... was bloody amazing!!!

We watched it pair up with it's partner a few hundred feet above us then spend the next 30 min circling above us while magpies and crows swooped them .

AB
9th March 2013, 10:31 PM
Those birds would be more helpful than the Bunnings staff...lol

threedogs
10th March 2013, 05:17 PM
The Majestic Wedgie, saw one last weekend wreak havoc on a flock of cockies along the Murray
I have some claws off one on my Akurbra hat band. long and deadly

Should be our National symble not the EMU

rotor138
10th March 2013, 07:52 PM
They're like pigeons up here at work. All the young ones should be leaving the nest fairly soon.

Ben89
10th March 2013, 07:54 PM
What an awesome looking bird

Drew
11th March 2013, 07:31 AM
What an awesome looking bird

The eagle is pretty bloody good too ;) :)

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

macca
11th March 2013, 07:58 AM
Those wedgetails are awsome, we came across one on a track that was fairly narrow with straight tree trunks either side up to a canopy about 10 mtrs up.
The bird took off and flew straight in front of us for a while before a clearing in the canopy allowed it to head to the sky, its wing tips appeared to touch the trees on both side of the track.
My wife has an Australian bird book that says they can have a wingspan over 2.1 meters, this bird had all of that.
The Wedge tail is an awsome bird but probably played havoc on Mr McQuaries sheep so no chance of the coat of arms gig TD

threedogs
11th March 2013, 09:08 AM
My BFF took his wife for a drive down Phillip island a while back now, they stopped to watch some small rabbits {kittens} playing on the road.
Wife said "How cute are they" within a second a wedgie swooped and picked one up and flew away. Wife in tears "OH NO" mates reply
"how awesome was that" lol would be awesome to see nature doing its THANG............ IMO

wildgu6
11th March 2013, 10:45 AM
This Barking Owl was there as well, the handler got him to bark once but I got him to bark several times by going WOOF WOOF, got a lot of funny looks from people but it would have to be the most intelligent conversation I have had for quite a while.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130309_135107_zps552d7bb5.jpg

Hahahaha nice one mate, did you have on shirt saying I am the Dogman lol. If anyone could get an owl to bark I would have to say your the man, Growler would prob' have a good shot tooo lol.
As for the big chicken, you see em on the roads heading to the Flinders and the buggas are that big they almost look at you face to face when you sitting in the Trol, bloody monsters

TAPPN OUT

macca
11th March 2013, 11:08 AM
Wild98 did you ever drive the "Sky Trek" in the Flinders and see the aerobatic display by the Wedgies?, that was fantastic.

To watch them side on and dive way below where we were standing was a sight to see without a doubt.

I think that part is closed by NP now, something to do with the invisible Yellow Footed Wallabi.