PDA

View Full Version : zd30 valve adjustment

dirtygu
9th March 2013, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone know how to go about adusting the valve clearence on a zd30 and what the gap is ment to be cheers Anthony

boots
10th March 2013, 10:38 AM
Valve clearance cold - inlet / exhaust 0.30 - 0.40 mm , shim thickness 2.35 - 3.05 mm in increments of 0.05 mm . nissan service tools KV 10115110 + KV 10115120 . This is as far as I have researched this job but have had the rocker cover off and seen the valve train . Would think you would rotate engine till no1 piston is at TDC and check / adjust half , then rotate engine to no4 piston TDC and check adjust the rest . - BUT not 100% sure on this part .

dirtygu
10th March 2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah same i have had the cover off but couldnt see any shims so gave up lol would it b possible that 3 and 4 have low compression due to valve adjustment

Sir Roofy
10th March 2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah same i have had the cover off but couldnt see any shims so gave up lol would it b possible that 3 and 4 have low compression due to valve adjustment

i think my self that you are not far of being able to down load
the manual every thing is there ,think page 5 theres shims colletts and figures there for you to ponder
myself if i get to the tapet stage it will be the local machnic that wins maybe nissan
if 3&4 are down it wont be the valves other wise 2&1 would be not far away,might be something
more sinister in the making

dirtygu
11th March 2013, 10:26 PM
i think my self that you are not far of being able to down load
the manual every thing is there ,think page 5 theres shims colletts and figures there for you to ponder
myself if i get to the tapet stage it will be the local machnic that wins maybe nissan
if 3&4 are down it wont be the valves other wise 2&1 would be not far away,might be something
more sinister in the making

yeah im starting to think its not the valves it had loose intake bolts so i done them up only to find out my boost has increased and was hitting 15- 20psi only drove 2kms to get home but as i turned in to my street it lost all power and wouldnt rev past 3k :(

Sir Roofy
11th March 2013, 11:19 PM
yeah im starting to think its not the valves it had loose intake bolts so i done them up only to find out my boost has increased and was hitting 15- 20psi only drove 2kms to get home but as i turned in to my street it lost all power and wouldnt rev past 3k :(

hopefull is gone into limp mode
can you back of the boost at all bring it back to
10 or 12 psi

dirtygu
13th March 2013, 08:18 PM
yeah i have dont that roofy but when i first start it its like the acel pedal isnt connected i mean i push it to the floor or half way or just of idle still nothing happens it just idles for the first 3 mins or so then it slowly comes up and when it gets to 1500 it shakes really bad then its fine till 3 or 4 could it be a possable ecu or fuel pump playing up

Sir Roofy
13th March 2013, 08:28 PM
yeah i have dont that roofy but when i first start it its like the acel pedal isnt connected i mean i push it to the floor or half way or just of idle still nothing happens it just idles for the first 3 mins or so then it slowly comes up and when it gets to 1500 it shakes really bad then its fine till 3 or 4 could it be a possable ecu or fuel pump playing up

guess you have cleaned the M.A.F sencor and disconected the battery for a couple of hours to give the ecu a chance to reset
doulble check all i/c hoses for leaks =cracks =loose connections

threedogs
13th March 2013, 08:30 PM
This is a job for "NADS MAN" tra laa

Sir Roofy
13th March 2013, 08:39 PM
this is a job for "nads man" tra laa

thinking the same td

dirtygu
13th March 2013, 10:12 PM
hahah yeah now it wont start at all ;( ran for 30secs then stalled then started for 5 sec stalled and now only stays running for about 2 secs lol might have to nad and do a fuelpump i think

WYLD333
15th March 2013, 09:51 PM
No point doing nads if u have a shagged motor, I'd b getting to the bottom of ur main issues 1st