PDA

View Full Version : Hi been visiting for a while, finally built up courage to join you fantastic mob.

NUGGET
8th December 2010, 05:27 PM
A little bit about my patrol and myself, Firstly Im Rob from Adelaide
Nearly three years ago i came across a 2.8lt T/D 96 model with 280kms on the clock went and had a look at it, looked at several 4.2 lt diesels but the prices were $3.500/$4.000 higher than the 2.8lt. Being that I live in Adelaide and do most of my driving heading north probally 75% of my driving was going to be on the flat. Went back to test drive the 2.8lt and done the deal, done and dusted for $6.700. Reasons which swayed me to buy was 5 new bridgestones, new radiator, service books full of paperwork to show work and parts that had been carried out, and the two owners, 6 stacker cd, 3 x 7" DVD 1 in front dash 2 for rear viewing, ARB bullbar, UHF, very tidy inside norm wear 1 dent near fuel filler a few scratches hear and there but im as happy as a pig in ####, sorry to dribble on, will follow up with photo soon, regards Rob.

Woof
8th December 2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome Rob, enjoy the forum mate, so happy to hear that you love your Patrol and can't wait to see some photos............just in case you did not know but we here just love photos..
By the way mate I removed your surname from your post for security, it is not hard for some people to find out stuff like where you live and if they like your Patrol one morning it could be gone.

YNOT
8th December 2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum Rob. If you've been lurking in the back ground for a while then you will already know we're a friendly bunch on here. Feel free to join in when ever you want, all contributions and questions are welcome.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
8th December 2010, 06:36 PM
Hey Rob

Welcome to the forum mate, you will love your 2.8. you can really make them go if you want too.

Good on ya

macca
8th December 2010, 07:55 PM
G'day Rob, as the others said a big welcome.
Love your back yard, takes me 2 and a half days to Yunta then into the Flinders from there. Our 1st pass through Barichilna (spelling?) will probably stay with me forever.
Macca

AB
8th December 2010, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Rob, we love dribble here mate so feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

patch697
9th December 2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Maxhead
9th December 2010, 01:17 PM
G'Day Rob, welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
9th December 2010, 07:55 PM
Hey Rob,Welcome to Trol town buddy,
Good to see another Adelaidian on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
If you enjoy your 2.8, 1/2 as much as I do you will love it, Tuff little motor

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

NUGGET
10th December 2010, 03:02 PM
Thank you all for your replies, just a bit more dribble i drove a roadtrain from Adelaide to Moomba / Queensland delivering Diesel to oil rigs and got to see some fantastic country, even some roads were cut buy the rigs so id say just a few of us have seen that part of the country. I drove for that company for 19 1/2 yrs but never had the chance to stop on the way and drive off road to the hidden little spots with a roadtrain, but now i can sneak back up to those spots, i still remember where the hot springs hide and the fresh water ponds are, we used to park or trucks at night time for a bath and watch the tourist drive past by not knowing these springs were there. It was just the highway workers and a few that knew, there must be hundreds of places around that other people on this forum have found and enjoy.

Anyway thanks again for your replies, ( 2.8lt might be slow, but so was the turtle )

Finly Owner
10th December 2010, 11:44 PM
Hi and Welcome Rob to Nissans Nut House.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2010, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Rob,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can, we are good listeners 2 and always love dribble :)

Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer

Cheers

Todd

P.S: Post what suburb in Adelaide you are from in the members map thread and i shall add you the the members map

Rapson
12th December 2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome,
I am still new to this forum but already have had heaps of good advice from the members here, post a question and there is a quick responce with good info.
Enjoy!