PDA

View Full Version : Dual Battery mounting in GU with turboed 6.5 Chevy

Ian2011
9th March 2013, 02:46 PM
Afternoon all, just wondering if there is anyone that has mounted their second battery somewhere else in their GU. I am currently getting a 6.5 turbo v8 fitted and have been informed that the current position of the battery is no good as the turbo is to close. The alternate place to mount the battery was under the passenger side of the car but as I also run diesel gas, it wont fit their either.

I am looking for any ideas on where I could safely mount the battery in the car itself and any issues/good ideas people may habe come up with.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

threedogs
9th March 2013, 02:58 PM
Back LHS half recessed into Qtr panel

Jmi85
26th March 2013, 02:06 AM
Back LHS half recessed into Qtr panel
Mine is mounted under car, as you mentioned, but a mate has his at the back end of one of his drawers. Does take up some nice realestate, but he has a trailer and doesn't care. No where else really??? Unless your missus has short legs and wouldn't mind a chunk of lead under foot.....good luck.

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 08:08 AM
Simon from 4wdTV has his in the rear left side of his drawer system in his GU8 4.8.

Tidy and works great. Email him and he could probably send you a pic mate although he is away at Aldee Station this week.

Ian2011
31st March 2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the replies, I might look into those slimline batteries and try to mount just behind cargo barrier on left hand side.