PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay Newbie GQ

bauer
7th March 2013, 07:29 PM
Gday all , new to all these forum things so should be a interesting learning curve for me.
Have 94 4.2 turbo GQ recently bought to upgrade from 2.8 turbo GQ that took us around OZ for 12 mths ( check out Where's Hervey Now on google) with no probs but was time to upgrade.
Anyway will have a bit of a look around this site and see where it takes me.
See ya
TB

growler2058
7th March 2013, 07:31 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

krbrooking
7th March 2013, 07:35 PM
gday mate welcome aboard...

bauer
7th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Gday guys , thanks for the welcome. Hoping to learn a lot more about the GQ. 4.2 is lots different from 2.8 . Hoping to take a few things from the 95 to the 94 Might confuse people.
TB

healy
7th March 2013, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

BBBB
7th March 2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum - certainly worth a look around - lots of good stuff

AB
7th March 2013, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

BBBB
7th March 2013, 08:03 PM
Gday all , new to all these forum things so should be a interesting learning curve for me.
Have 94 4.2 turbo GQ recently bought to upgrade from 2.8 turbo GQ that took us around OZ for 12 mths ( check out Where's Hervey Now on google) with no probs but was time to upgrade.
Anyway will have a bit of a look around this site and see where it takes me.
See ya
TB

Just had a look at your 'Where's Hervey Now'. Well done! nicely documented with great photographs.

MEGOMONSTER
7th March 2013, 08:12 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

57flw
7th March 2013, 08:14 PM
TB,
Welcome to the forum.
I am a newbie as well and I also live in Hervey Bay.
Ken

grumbo
8th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Welcome and remember all the answers are here all you have to do is ask the right question. THe search facility is awesome but be prepared to go through many post but the answer is in here!!!!

threedogs
8th March 2013, 08:32 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Dominator
8th March 2013, 08:38 PM
G'day mate. I have got a turbo 4.2 GQ too. They are a top rig. If you got any questions give me a yell. I have been off work for a couple of months (bad back) so I have been doing a lot is reading on patrols and 4.2s.

bauer
9th March 2013, 09:47 PM
Gday guys/girls thanks for all the welcomes and such. Have just ripped everything out the new 4.2. So far need a drivers side foloor cut as there is a bit of rust. Anyone know where i can get a floor cut for drivers side footwell . Also would like to get new carpet/ vinyl floor for the LWB . Any one got any ideas / contacts on where to get them. Thanks

Tony

bauer
9th March 2013, 09:56 PM
Gday Dom , thanks for the offer and will take you up on it. Heres a quickie for you. behind the centre console ( stereo / cig lighter section) there are two ? fuses Bottom R side amrked SAE and SAF. wire colours are black/red/redblack/redyellow and black/purple/yellowred. Any idea what they are for .Ive had a look at the wioring diag and cant find anything for them
Thanks
Tony

Airstrike
9th March 2013, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

bauer
9th March 2013, 09:58 PM
Gday Dom , thanks for the offer and will take you up on it. Heres a quickie for you. behind the centre console ( stereo / cig lighter section) there are two ? fuses Bottom R side amrked SAE and SAF. wire colours are black/red/redblack/redyellow and black/purple/yellowred. Any idea what they are for .Ive had a look at the wioring diag and cant find anything for them
Thanks
Tony

Maxhead
10th March 2013, 09:16 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:19 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein