PDA

View Full Version : Clutch dramas.

wojtech
7th March 2013, 05:45 PM
Before I go into too much detail....
Is there a spacer or something of the like inside the clutch booster that could have fallen out due to improper install by previous owner. I've heard of these spacers being a pain inside some brake boosters.

I've been a bit dubious of the clutch ever since I bought the Trol. It seems to be very soft through the first half of pedal travel. Gears have always felt a little notchy.
I have replaced master and slave on the clutch and also have a brand new clutch kit installed.
After installing the clutch kit it was a little better but still not 100%, pedal still seem soft, without resistance save the pedal return spring doing its thing.
Its still drivable but I'm not happy with my clutch pedal.
Obviously the system was bleed when hydraulic units were replaced.

The replacement clutch was an Exedy Heavy Duty

Just wondering whether anyone else has had this problem in a GQ circa 95

93patrol
7th March 2013, 07:00 PM
Did you get the bleed nipple on the left hand side of your engine bay near the air con pipes. When I did my clutch I didn't see this on and turned out it was causing dramas like what your having

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

pearcey
7th March 2013, 08:32 PM
The spacer you refer to is the reaction disc if it has fallen out your pedal will fell extremely light and should have a little to much free play.
Get a proper professional to check it out as 90% of mechanics won`t know about this. Not having a go at any mechanics out there but this is a very rear problem and normally only occurs with brake boosters

Lieney
7th March 2013, 08:38 PM
Reaction disc ay. Haven't heard that term for more than 15 years and only with brake systems.
I found without it, the pedal would move with little effort and generally allow hardly any movement before full force is applied.
Like I said, several years.
Soft pedal sounds like air.
x2 with 93Patrol

pearcey
7th March 2013, 08:44 PM
All master vacs have them and that's whats fitted on the clutch.
Sorry mate your in Cairns and i`m way down south other wise i would have a look