PDA

View Full Version : Water Bladder

Tonks
6th March 2013, 10:43 AM
Has anyone had any experience with a water bladder that can go behind the middle seats and the cargo barrier, about 50 litres

Ive been told about a product called floatpac, but cannot find them anywhere,

Any ideas,

Cheers,

Tonks.

threedogs
6th March 2013, 10:45 AM
Think opposite lock sell those water bladders , there is also one for the 1/4 panel cavity. try ARB as well

lorrieandjas
6th March 2013, 10:57 AM
Floatpac make the Flexitank (http://flexitank.com.au/subproducts/4x4.html). You can buy from ARB or direct from them at this site. (https://ftaustore.com/)

Looked at them but haven't used in a 4wd. Used on a boat though.

Jas

Winnie
6th March 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm looking at doing the exact same thing mate so I'm interested in how this goes.

Pepper
6th March 2013, 11:53 AM
i have one that fits inside the rear quarter panel on lhs sourced from floatpac melb,holds about 20 litres takes no space as its between the outside metal skin and the inner trim panel.

threedogs
6th March 2013, 11:59 AM
Also check dolium [Boab} for water storage solutions. they have plenty.
plus a recent thread had a custom water storage solution for less than $350

paulyg
6th March 2013, 04:22 PM
I have the one in the quarter panel from ARB, and the water bladder behind the front seats, 100L from fleximake $129.
I think he can custom make them to your size.

Winnie
6th March 2013, 07:00 PM
What do you think of them Pauly?

MudRunnerTD
6th March 2013, 07:13 PM
I have the one in the quarter panel from ARB, and the water bladder behind the front seats, 100L from fleximake $129.
I think he can custom make them to your size.

Some pics would be awesome mate!

Tonks
6th March 2013, 07:45 PM
I saw it on your 4x4 last night and it looked the goods

Got a price 2day it was 169.00 bux delivered,

I reckon its well worth it,

paulyg
6th March 2013, 08:08 PM
No pics yet, very happy with both of the bladders, the one in the quarter was there when i got the Patrol it is very handy, i use it for water for coffie, rinsing glasses, washing hands and so on.
the big bladder is very well made and sitting that low in the back i don't even notice it, even with back seats folded up i can still get over 80L in it.

Winnie
6th March 2013, 08:10 PM
What's it like to fill?

paulyg
7th March 2013, 04:23 PM
I fill them up from a 10L plastic jerry can that i always take with me.
The big one is very easy to fill, he will put the filler any where you like
and if he does not use any extra material it won't cost any extra.
the one in the quarter panel is a bit harder because of the drawers and fridge slide but still not to bad.

threedogs
7th March 2013, 06:14 PM
As well as a water tank on my other 4x4 I rigged up a washer motor to squirt water,helps save your water too'
Used a tom Cat off the bonnet to squirt water. Going to a few shops tomorrow
so I'll get some idea of prices and whats available for you water storage wise,
I'm sure Dolium do one for over the hump in the rear easy fill via passenger door.
plus the one that you strap to cargo barrier either 35 or 55 ltr

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2013, 08:14 PM
As well as a water tank on my other 4x4 I rigged up a washer motor to squirt water,helps save your water too'
Used a tom Cat off the bonnet to squirt water. Going to a few shops tomorrow
so I'll get some idea of prices and whats available for you water storage wise,
I'm sure Dolium do one for over the hump in the rear easy fill via passenger door.
plus the one that you strap to cargo barrier either 35 or 55 ltr

No hump in the middle back of the Patrol 3dogs ;)

threedogs
7th March 2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks MR , my bad, got wrong model but you can get solid plastic for across floor behind driver,
great for little legs,

Lieney
7th March 2013, 08:31 PM
I have recently discovered a fellow in QLD that makes custom tanks, after looking at bladders, ARB, OL and many other designs.
Not sure how price compares to bladders as I was not a fan, unless putting in the panelwork.
Website is www.Abbertanks.com.au
I am getting him to build a tank specific to what I need and will hold 67-70L which will sit behind that 'middle row' of seats in front of the cargo barrier.
Made from food grade material, 2 outlets, breather and filler cap & fittings delivered for $330.
Hope to have it in 2 weeks.

threedogs
8th March 2013, 08:28 AM
Very similar to the water tank in my camper,
holds 55 ltrs gravity feed plenty of flow.
from Dolium, they have shapes for heaps a spots.
sorry Kallen lol
Where Plas is wedge shaped mine is square.
I cant fault it, service was great as well.

TMC
12th March 2013, 06:22 AM
How do you all find the plastic after awhile though? Like as it sits in the car, in the heat. Won't it leach everywhere and leave bad tasting water?
Plus the bacteria growth. Just curious, as its the only thing making me think to go stainless steel.

Tonks
12th March 2013, 11:31 AM
TMC,

They all say that they make them out of food grade plastic, so should be OK,

Not sure but will let you know after i get one.

Stropp
12th March 2013, 03:17 PM
i am interested in the 40ltr footwell tank so let me know what you reckon when you get your tank and throw up some pics please.

TMC,

They all say that they make them out of food grade plastic, so should be OK,

Not sure but will let you know after i get one.

FNQGU
10th July 2014, 05:01 PM
Has anyone fitted one of the 20 litre Flexi tank bladders in their Passengers side rear Quarter Panel yet?

I am half keen on the idea but am not sure how they would be attached and secured in the space available.

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2014, 05:11 PM
No but they make a high quality tank. I was talking to them at the 4wd expo recently as we were side by side for the weekend. I hope they will come online as a vendor in the coming weeks. I expect that they would n clued mounting n structuring and must assume they have considered the Nissan existing points when they designed the tank.

Send them an email and ask the question.

They have also just released a range of tanks for storing Diesel in the car too!! A 60lt diesel tank for the rear footwell!! And a 60lt hanging tank for the cargo barrier and good to go!!

FNQGU
10th July 2014, 06:01 PM
Just spoke to Peter at Flexitank. He says that they include some studs in the kit that the tank gets hung from. He recommends a filler hole at 1.5" and another half inch outlet hole be drilled in your trim. At $209ea, these aren't cheap for just 20 litres, but the convenience could outweigh the cost.

I am starting to lean towards the flexi tank that hangs off the cargo barrier and sits behind the seats though. I think it comes in at around 55 litres or something similar. It just gets zip-tied to the bottom of the barrier and sits tight in that cavity. Roughly the same price but more volume. Hanging like that should give a decent gravity feed too.

paulyg
10th July 2014, 06:15 PM
The plastic used in my water tank is food grade plastic, after 2 years still no taste or other problems.