PDA

View Full Version : Hiya, its another newbie :-)

beaST_01-dell
5th March 2013, 11:35 PM
Hi, my name is John. I recently picked up a Gold coloured 2001 GU 4.8L/W-gas. Pretty well standard. Not sure what to do first....Besides, getting it to run properly....:1087: Anyway, i thought i should introduce myself, cause i forgot to do that before i posted, earlier!!!!

nuts1957
5th March 2013, 11:56 PM
Yeh me too how are ya

BigRAWesty
6th March 2013, 01:14 AM
Welcome john. Top forum for all the little tips and tricks to modding...
First question in reply to were to start, what do you intend on doing with the patrol.
Rock climbing, comps, moderate tracks, cruising, etc
And what would you like out of it?
Fuel efficiency, tyre shredding power, reliability (that ones a given, unless you bought a 3ltr...)

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

beaST_01-dell
6th March 2013, 01:36 AM
Well, westy probably cruising and mild stuff to start with. I'm after fuel economy and reliability.. :-)

beaST_01-dell
6th March 2013, 01:37 AM
Yeh me too how are ya
I'm good nuts1957, how you doing?

BigRAWesty
6th March 2013, 01:55 AM
Well, westy probably cruising and mild stuff to start with. I'm after fuel economy and reliability.. :-)

Well unfortunately 4.8L and fuel economy don't really ever get mentioned in the same sentence... Stock they run around the 16/100k. Up to 20+/100k.
Gas may save you a bit of coin, bit economy is worse again.
What gas system type is it?

If your cruzing with heavy loads then first thing I'd suggest a suspension upgrade. Lift if if you wish, 2" is a good all round lift with minimal outlay.
You can look at bar work, lights, engine mods... How deep are your pockets? ;)

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

growler2058
6th March 2013, 03:58 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

MEGOMONSTER
6th March 2013, 06:04 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
6th March 2013, 06:34 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum jump in
anytime and enjoy,

AB
6th March 2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

healy
6th March 2013, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

lorrieandjas
6th March 2013, 10:44 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

Jas

Bigrig
6th March 2013, 12:01 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

Hawky
6th March 2013, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

BBBB
6th March 2013, 03:49 PM
Welcome to the forum John

beaST_01-dell
6th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Well unfortunately 4.8L and fuel economy don't really ever get mentioned in the same sentence... Stock they run around the 16/100k. Up to 20+/100k.
Gas may save you a bit of coin, bit economy is worse again.
What gas system type is it?

If your cruzing with heavy loads then first thing I'd suggest a suspension upgrade. Lift if if you wish, 2" is a good all round lift with minimal outlay.
You can look at bar work, lights, engine mods... How deep are your pockets? ;)

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yep, she is thirsty all right :-) I was thinking a 2'' lift, nothing too extreme cause i don't have deep pockets :-/ Seriously considering dumping the gas system, (it is a 90L tank with a Zavoli mixer) dodgey wiring to go along with it too!!!!! Would extractors help, or just renew the rest of the exhaust (its all standard, and old, like me!!!!)

Maxhead
6th March 2013, 04:05 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
6th March 2013, 04:08 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
2nd April 2013, 04:18 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Bloodyaussie
2nd April 2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard mate...............

Drew
3rd April 2013, 07:42 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

flashrx2
3rd April 2013, 10:46 AM
welcome aboard mate!