PDA

View Full Version : First Time 4x4er from South East QLD.

Acidik
4th March 2013, 11:17 PM
Hi All,

My name is Trev ad I am from the Gold Coast - I am 28 year old accountant (the kind that likes getting outside and doing stuff). I bought my first 4x4 last week - 1998 Nissan Patrol GU 2.8 ST.

I have basically grown up, sold the skyline (never really a hoon - just a love for fast cars and getting greasy on the weekends) and can't wait to get out on the sand and in the bush. I decided on the 1998 GU 2.8, because it has a nice drive as a daily and I wanted to make sure this was something I really wanted to do before buying a later model.

My dad just upgraded to a 2011 Nissan Patrol and we are keen to meet some like minded enthusiasts in the area. So if you are keen for a few more friends drop me a line!

Lastly - a massive thanks to this forum, it has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and allowed me to pick up my patrol cheaply (knowing of the hot start issue - now fixed!)

Chat soon.

Cheers

Trev

BigRAWesty
4th March 2013, 11:20 PM
Welcome mate. Good to hear we've been of assistance already.
So any mods on the patrols?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Acidik
4th March 2013, 11:34 PM
Hey,

Mine is pretty standard - Which is sort of what I wanted. The 2011 is pretty decked out, the guy who sold it was a keen camper and 4wd man, unfortunately he broke his ankle and can't really drive manual anymore (pretty bad break apparently). It has a winch, 2in lift, dual batteries, some crazy roof rack and UHF. Everything was optioned on purchase so covered by Nissan Warranty (except maybe the lift kit). Looks pretty tough. Definitely a nice upgrade from the 2008 triton (4x4).

Cheers

04OFF
5th March 2013, 12:04 AM
Welcome aboard Trev !

Sounds like you and the ole man are going to have a ball, well as soon as the weather gets better.:frown:

Keep a eye out for the QLD forum trips & meet ups, dont be afraid to invite yourself and dad along, you will be amazed at how freindly everyone is even though you don't know anyone.

No one is pushy, so standard rigs and no skills = no problem, we will help you through anything you wanna have a crack at, and no one is ever left behind, plus you will learn heaps from some of the guys on here !

Airstrike
5th March 2013, 12:17 AM
Welcome aboard Trev. Hope to see you in the mud.

BBBB
5th March 2013, 12:44 AM
Hi Trev and welcome

MEGOMONSTER
5th March 2013, 05:43 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
5th March 2013, 05:46 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

threedogs
5th March 2013, 06:01 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forum
I got my love of the outdoors from my father, Priceless
Enjoy, look forward to pics in readers rigs.

Dominator
5th March 2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome mate. Don't worry about beings novice, we all were at some point. As said above. Keep an eye out for trips in the QLD section and I am sure everyone will be happy to show you around. And I am sure before to long you will be hooked to the 4wd/camping lifestyle.

AB
5th March 2013, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
5th March 2013, 09:03 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

healy
5th March 2013, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

kelly
5th March 2013, 02:38 PM
hey, welcome!
Im also on the gold coast, so if you see a purple and black patrol getting about thats me ( i dont think there is another like mine on the goldy lol)

Acidik
6th March 2013, 01:21 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

Hawky
6th March 2013, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

NP99
6th March 2013, 07:49 PM
Another queenslander on board. The quality here went up one :)
Cheers mate

GUtsy ute
6th March 2013, 09:02 PM
Another queenslander on board. The quality here went up one :)
Cheers mate

X2. LOl.

Welcome to the Forum Trev.
Put up some pics of your Patrol and your Dad's.
As said above, invite yourself to any event that's posted.

Always good to put a face to a name, you will be welcome at any time at a meet up or workshop weekend.

Keep an eye on the Forum events and Trips and treks threads.

Cheers Gavin

Maxhead
10th March 2013, 09:21 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

nickpeacock36
10th March 2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome:)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

whastie
12th March 2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Trev - I am a newby as well (joined today), seems to be a great site. Some really good information available, especially for someone like myself "Mechanically challanged".
I also have a 1998 GU 2.8L manual, which I have had since new - been a great vehicle. To the cape and back a half dozen times (or more). But just starting to get a few fatigue issues now, nothing major just nuisance value.

Good luck with the new vehicle and take care.

Regards
Wayne

lorrieandjas
12th March 2013, 11:16 PM
Hi mate and welcome to another Queenslander! Sounds like you've got the bug so jump in and enjoy and as others have said feel more than welcome to jump in on any getaways or day trips that are planned!

Jas

bauer
13th March 2013, 08:45 PM
Gday Trev welcome to the forum. The inlaws live down the coast and its a crazy place whenever we get down there. Im from Hervey Bay where life is a bit slower
TB

wildgu6
13th March 2013, 09:54 PM
G'day Trev, Great to see another join the ranks, Welcome aboard mate.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:16 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein