PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Corsa
4th March 2013, 07:37 PM
Just joined this group last night as I planing to get another fourby and looks like it may be a patrol.

Have in the past had a rocky and then a troopy with current car been far from an offroader being a 09 hsv senator but the bush is calling again due to the kids getting old enough to explore our great country.
Any help will be much appreciated

DX grunt
4th March 2013, 07:38 PM
Just joined this group last night as I planing to get another fourby and looks like it may be a patrol.

Have in the past had a rocky and then a troopy with current car been far from an offroader being a 09 hsv senator but the bush is calling again due to the kids getting old enough to explore our great country.
Any help will be much appreciated

G'day Corsa

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco

krbrooking
4th March 2013, 07:39 PM
Gday mate and welcome you have come to the right place, Heaps of info and good bunch of ppl.

Corsa
4th March 2013, 07:41 PM
Thx for welcome and sorry should of put a bit more in live in Geelong so have do a bit of driving in and around the otways but most loved the corner country and want to get back there again to show my wife and kids how enjoyable this great country can be

Corsa
4th March 2013, 07:46 PM
Looking to build a gu patrol up for touring with wife and two kids trips will proberly be of about 2-3 weeks long so will need to be a bit self sufficient so could anybody recommend a vehicle that a member may have that could be used as a guide.

growler2058
4th March 2013, 08:05 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bloodyaussie
4th March 2013, 08:07 PM
Welcome aboard mate............

MEGOMONSTER
4th March 2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

wildgu6
4th March 2013, 09:09 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Maxhead
4th March 2013, 09:37 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

grumbo
7th March 2013, 01:04 PM
Welcome good to have another from the SW

BBBB
7th March 2013, 01:37 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
8th March 2013, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
8th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

lorrieandjas
8th March 2013, 04:01 PM
Hi mate and welcome! Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be had. Feel free to jump on in!

Jas

GU CAMPER
8th March 2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rottodiver
8th March 2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome corsa.....
Enjoy,and as far as setting up a tourer is concerned all you do is mention the topic and suggestions will flow.... In great hands here,heaps of knowledgable people

beaST_01-dell
8th March 2013, 06:15 PM
Welcome aboard corsa :-)

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Corsa
22nd March 2013, 09:15 PM
Well went to look at a patrol today to see if it was to be the vehicle for me and bugger me dead 4 hrs later it has become mine.
So here is a quick run down on what it is.
2011 crd manual ti some of the extras already on it are as follows:
Snorkel ,steel bull bar, warn winch, cargo barrier,2 inch ome lift, driving lights

Will get some photos up after I take delivery of it next week

Do you recommend any other mods that will make this a more reliable vehicle

growler2058
22nd March 2013, 09:18 PM
Sounds good mate
Mate plenty of things to do but id be looking at a good set of mud or AT tyres

Corsa
22nd March 2013, 09:44 PM
I think it has Bridgestone duellers on it but will be looking at some coopers down the track had them on previous 4 wds and could not fault

Have been doing a bit of a search around regarding additional gauges but doesn't seem to be a problem with the crd's. is this correct?

BigRAWesty
27th March 2013, 12:07 AM
Welcome Aboard. Enjoy

Watchdog
27th March 2013, 01:33 AM
hey hows it going welcome:)

rtype16
27th March 2013, 04:45 AM
welcome to the forum

my third 256
27th March 2013, 05:01 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen