PDA

View Full Version : GU VII DX Aftermarket remote locking and alarm

BBBB
4th March 2013, 07:55 PM
Hi All,
I'm looking at fitting an aftermarket remote system for the keyed central locking on my DX. -also an alarm system. has anyone got advice or experience in this area?

Lieney
4th March 2013, 10:25 PM
Central locking (keyless) is fairly sims to install as its stand-alone with a bunch of servos to make doors open & close.
Alarm can be a little more trouble as it will hook into the ignition, lights etc and has switches that activate on bonnet, boot etc. depending on which ones you go for.
If you can use a multimeter, test light, read a basic wiring diagram & find wires in a loom you shouldn't have too many dramas.
Start on a Saturday morning & you should be done by mid arvo.
Take ya time, measure twice & solder ya joins.
There are several brands & range from $50 upward.

BBBB
5th March 2013, 01:27 AM
I've been looking at a Mongoose M80/M60 series as it comes with a delayed switch off facility (turbo timer), remote locking and various alarm sensor circuits all in the one unit. It appears to be reasonably straight forward to install according to documentation supplied on the Mongoose website.

Xpnciv
16th August 2013, 10:33 AM
Ive just brought a Mongoose M80/M60 series Alarm with the Turbo timer, Now to install,
Looks hectic under this dash.!:icon_bonk:

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 11:18 AM
Ive just brought a Mongoose M80/M60 series Alarm with the Turbo timer, Now to install,
Looks hectic under this dash.!:icon_bonk:

Take a heap of pics on your phone mate and post up an install thread.

Head over to the introduction section first though and post an intro as we like folks to say gday when they arrive.

meh
16th August 2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes

Just a matter of picking the right wire. Can get most of them from this plug behind your glove box