PDA

View Full Version : Stolen SWB Maverick - Western Sydney

wisaio
4th March 2013, 10:04 AM
Hi all,

Sad to say it's a theft that's prompted me to become a member of the forum, but such is life.

My beloved 1990 XLT Maverick shorty, reg plate BR58FX, was stolen from outside my place in North Parramatta NSW, on the morning of 28th February 2013, between the hours of 5:30 am and 8:30 am.
I've had this machine since 2003 and as you can imagine, this is like losing a limb.

A few more details off the top of my head:

- Vehicle is dual-fuel, LPG/ULP, and has quite an old system fitted. Carmtrol-branded, horizontal LED fuel gauge sits under the centre instrument panel, right in front of the gearstick
- Caravan brake thingamajig sits next to the LPG gauge. Red LED when brake pedal pressed
- Sony double-DIN stereo
- Large faded paint patch on rear-left corner of roof
- Sunroof latch plastic is melted, from an interior fire a couple of years ago
- Brand new radiator overflow bottle
- ARB bullbar with driver-side indicator cavity panel missing (see photos)
- 33 inch mud terrains
- 15 inch steel mag wheels, branded as "PERFORMANCE"
- Spare tyre is brand new and unused, mounted to a white Sunraysia rim, with lots of scratches and surface rust
- More tread on front tyres than rear, as I'd just rotated them
- Tough Dog foam-cell shocks, very well used
- Double steering damper, with standard (silver) and RTC (yellow w/blue spring) Tough Dog dampers, with some oil on them from a leak
- Rear bench and passenger seats finished in stock-standard cloth, but drivers seat in different material (think it's from the single-cab model - replaced due to interior fire)
- 432,000 km on the clock
- Small 45 litre ULP tank amidships, and has an issue with the hose. When filled at the servo, without fail will spill petrol everywhere. Dead giveaway.
- Exhaust rattles at idle and probably up until 2000 RPM...very noticable and annoying

Quite possibly spotted along Sunnyholt Rd, Blacktown, the afternoon of the theft.

Any information at all is greatly appreciated - reward for info leading to recovery.
Please PM me any details or notify the police on 131 444, there's an incident report open for it.

Many thanks all

Justin

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/2308_57900702572_4280_n.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/1947_50723202572_8843_n.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/2308_57900612572_9200_n.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/2308_57900582572_7671_n.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/2308_57900577572_7436_n.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/gixxerwolf/Maverick/1947_50723192572_8144_n.jpg

AB
4th March 2013, 10:19 AM
Good luck with it mate, hope you catch the a$$holes!!!!

rkinsey
4th March 2013, 10:37 AM
Mate, that is not good to hear at all. I live out Blacktown way and will keep an active eye out for it and if I spot it I will notify the police straight away.

By the way, what is the Rego number?

Cheers,

Rob

stevogq
4th March 2013, 12:11 PM
That's not good mate hope you find the pricks!!

Look for parts that appear on the net that looks familiar.
cheers stevo.

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2013, 05:26 PM
Sorry to hear mate, I've been looking at Patrols on ebay and Gumtree the last few days so will keep an eye out.

Hope you find it in one piece

Ben89
4th March 2013, 05:32 PM
Friggin pricks! I hate low lifes like these. I had my first car (vn holden) Broken into. My mom thought I was outside with mates and she came out to see what "I" was doing and turned out they were trying to take it but my mom asked them "what are you doing" lol, Kept the car but I wish she had let me knew, I would have put a brick through the front screen with the F#ckers in it.

threedogs
4th March 2013, 05:58 PM
Hate RRRRRss Holes that steal, keep an eye out for your accessories on other 4x4s, spread the word via local shops, check local 4x4 spots as well'
Hope you find them and deliver Forum Justice. MO ROOM FOR THEIVES OR LIERS

growler2058
4th March 2013, 06:11 PM
F!@#ing DOGS!!!!! Really hope ya get it back mate. I know every member here who reads this post will keep an eye out OZ wide

BigRAWesty
4th March 2013, 07:45 PM
Not cool. Will keep an eye out

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NP99
4th March 2013, 09:41 PM
Wish you well mate, I know the feeling. Justice will be served on these mongrels!

trekster
5th March 2013, 05:52 AM
All the best, hope you find it and they are struck inside to give out some justice!

Cheers.

Morton
5th March 2013, 11:00 PM
I will keep a look out bud, I travel all over Sydney West & the Mountains everyday

wisaio
8th March 2013, 10:35 AM
Sincere thanks for your support fellas.

No news as yet. I was told recently about a ring of thieves targeting 4WDs about 6 months ago, who would dismantle them at the docks and ship them as "scrap metal" to the Middle East, where they were rebuilt and sold. They were busted (in Melbourne I think) but who knows if there's an equivalent up here or not.

In any case, lesson learned - install a killswitch.
And whoever came up with the idea of a timed killswitch that cuts the fuel off after 120 seconds and sets off an orange smoke-flare in the cabin - GENIUS.

the ferret
8th March 2013, 12:55 PM
Nah, no smoke flare but a HAND grenade LOL, right under the drivers seat.
I wish!!!
Cheers, the ferret.

wisaio
10th June 2013, 06:06 PM
Guys, apologies for necro-ing this thread, but just thought I'd share some good news.

My Maverick has been found! Left parked in the driveway of a large apartment complex, in the middle of Liverpool. It looks to have been sitting there for the last 3 months, unlocked, with the ignition barrel torn off and wires hanging under the steering wheel.
Apart from that, intact. What a miracle!

mudnut
10th June 2013, 06:17 PM
That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. I hope it is in good nick. I'd be getting it over a pit, and checking everything.

NissanGQ4.2
10th June 2013, 07:04 PM
Good news mate

Your not telling me the Sony stereo was still sitting inside it after all that time????

Bloodyaussie
10th June 2013, 07:21 PM
Cheeses fricking rice mate...... well done !!!!!!!!!!!

NP99
10th June 2013, 07:30 PM
3 months in Liverpool, surprised it wasn't re-stolen!

Bloodyaussie
10th June 2013, 07:33 PM
3 months in Liverpool, surprised it wasn't re-stolen!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Morton
10th June 2013, 09:13 PM
good news mate

wisaio
11th June 2013, 12:01 AM
Ha! Liverpool...I thought the same thing. Can't believe it took so long before somebody questioned it being there. Usually with a red 4WD somebody's complaining within five minutes of me parking anywhere.

And yes, even the Sony stereo is still in it. This is the part I don't get.

I've spent the last week visiting it, trying to get it to start. Chucked a new battery in it, new ignition coil and new ballast resistor, but there's still no spark between the coil and dizzy cap. Will have to get it towed tomorrow, I just want to get it out of there.

First thing to go in it - a fuel pump killswitch!
Thanks for your well wishes all, hopefully we'll cross paths out there in the dirt somewhere.