PDA

View Full Version : GU Indicator Replacement

maverick01
4th March 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I have an 05 GU with the standard nissan bullbar. The parkers are really dull and yes i have replaced the globes but im looking at either replacing them with led globes or replacing the entire unit as its not sealed 100%.

Now my problem is where do i find the entire replacement unit that is an easy mod to install.Or can you just buy the push in globes in led anywhere on the southside of brisbane.

I have changed the globes in the parkers in the headlights to a whiter globe and they do look much better but it looks like crap having a yellowish parker in the bullbar.

If anyone can post pictures of either setup, That would be very much appreciated.

my third 256
4th March 2013, 12:52 PM
try this mob mate
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Bullbar-Indicator-Light-PAIR-Suit-ARB-and-other-brands-/160894198679?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 25760aa397&_uhb=1&clk_rvr_id=455671770673

lhurley
4th March 2013, 01:34 PM
Pretty sure you can get them from autobarn and supercheap.

DX grunt
4th March 2013, 01:40 PM
My local mechanic has just replaced my complete left hand indicator as it didn't work and the plastic casing was cracked. I haven't got the bill yet, so can't advise how much it cost me.

I'm assuming it was replaced with genuine Nissan parts as the other side is exactly the same.

You could get a price from Nizzbits. Garry's a forum vendor, supplies genuine Nissan parts, is very helpful and his service is excellent.

Rossco

maverick01
4th March 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys. I was more looking for a led type if i was going to replace the entire unit as there sealed where as the genuine nissan indicators are only sealed until you have to replace a globe for the first time then you end up stuffing the seal.

threedogs
4th March 2013, 05:10 PM
My 4x4 is full LED my indicator globes have 120 smd led on each globe I've changed all except amber T20 front.
as too many ppl straining to see what I was doing. just use white globes behind coloured lenes, red or amber.
Great effect IMO, thats why I did it, only needed 50 ohm resistor in each corner to stop fast flash, could use led relay
for indicators as well

maverick01
4th March 2013, 06:56 PM
Yea thanks mate and that's the way I thought of going if I couldn't find anything i liked.