PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Forum and Patrols

Nanango
7th December 2010, 06:40 AM
Hi to all,
Just want to introduce myself, as usual I surf for info on cars I have and saw this thread. Have just purchased a 96 RX 42TBE Patrol but am yet to pick it up. I know it sounds crazy, but bought unseen but with good references. Will pick it up this weekend and pay for it then. Was after a 4.2 diesel, but the funds do not stretch that far even if I could find a good one. Only concern is re the economy of the EFI 4.2, but will get to check it out when I drive it back home, a trip of approx 1500Km. Will stay in touch on this forum and look foward to many more contributions. Oh, and AB, thanks for posting that manual. May eventually have enough posts to be able to download it.

AB
7th December 2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on the purchase.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

YNOT
7th December 2010, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum Nanango, it won't take you long to reach 25 posts.
I've had 2 TB42e powered Patrols, a '92 ST and a '94 RX. Both were on gas so running costs were kept down, but economy is not a strong point, expect 14 to 22l per 100km.

It's been a few years since I've been wheeling out your way. I almost rolled my '94 RX end over on it's first trip at Seven mile diggings, stood it vertically on the front wheels.

Tony

sweet_gq
7th December 2010, 08:16 AM
Hi and Welcome...

The TB42E isn't so bad once you get to know it. They are a very capable machine - enjoy.

There is heaps of info on the site about economy, tips etc so have a look around

Cheers

B

Bigrig
7th December 2010, 10:31 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. As said, plenty of useful information on the site, heaps of good people and a good laugh to be had also - feel free to throw some pics of the new rig up into the Members Ride section, we never get bored of looking at peoples patrols!!!! Let us know how you go with the fuel consumption, mine is a TB42e also, and I won't tell you just yet the consumption I would expect from that trip .. hopefully your will be much better!!!!

Woof
7th December 2010, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy..

wildgu6
7th December 2010, 05:51 PM
Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Congrat's on you new toy.

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
7th December 2010, 06:13 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
7th December 2010, 09:12 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Nanango, Good to have another Qlder here.

Tim

patch697
8th December 2010, 12:56 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.