PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Locker?

damaverick
3rd March 2013, 12:58 PM
The tailgate on my GQ keeps closing on me which is annoying when I'm trying to get something in/out of the back. I saw that the new Toyota FJ Cruisers have a locking mechanism to keep the tailgate open and was wondering whether there is an aftermarket part that will do the same for the Patrols?

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 01:16 PM
I didn't know Patrols had tail gates??? Am I missing something or do you mean the barn door??

Dominator
3rd March 2013, 01:23 PM
I am guessing he means barn door. Some people have fit struts to the rear doors to hold them open.

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 01:25 PM
Cool, The GU has a lock on the rear doors to stop them closing. This could be the easiest way

mudski
3rd March 2013, 02:39 PM
Cool, The GU has a lock on the rear doors to stop them closing. This could be the easiest way
My GU only has the lock on the big barn door. But mines a lot older than yours...The gas strut mod for the left door is the go.

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 02:49 PM
My GU only has the lock on the big barn door. But mines a lot older than yours...The gas strut mod for the left door is the go.

Yeah, that's same as mine( big door only)but it came out wrong in my post...

OP, which door you talking about mate??... I think there was a thread here somewhere with the small strut mod

megatexture
3rd March 2013, 03:19 PM
This might help

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3837-GU-wagon-rear-door-stay-(for-the-small-door

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 03:21 PM
Yep, thats the one I was thinking about...

damaverick
3rd March 2013, 03:59 PM
it's actually the big door (the right one) that is causing me grief... there is no lock on the GQ's

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 04:25 PM
it's actually the big door (the right one) that is causing me grief... there is no lock on the GQ's

Put a GU locking latch on it. You'll probably pick one up cheap from the wreckers

04OFF
3rd March 2013, 09:16 PM
This might help

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3837-GU-wagon-rear-door-stay-(for-the-small-door

Thats still by far the best thing i ever did to my Patrol (it still works like a charm too) :clapping: