PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, thought i'd say gday in here as i just joined up

MadDan
3rd March 2013, 11:19 AM
as my super original forum name illudes to... Dan is my name.... (got the nickname from riding sportsbikes when i was younger and it's stuck)

onto my second patrol now, had a 2002 3L all set up with a 6'lift with all the good gear but in a family rescue attempt (long story) tackled water a little deeper than i should of and it conked out (lesson learnt, now have a snorkel)

aaaanyways, this lead me to my current patrol, a 2005 st-s 3L , picked it up ex lease from a copper in darwin

bought this one mainly cause i want to set up a good tourer to eventually do a cape trip then run through to the kimberlies, still like playing hard at times tough so want a versitile setup

list of goodies are as follows:

standard steel winch bar with 12k winch
3 lightforce genisis spotties (one spread 2 spot) with 70Whid's installed
70W hid headlight conversion
2'lift with airbags in the rear
33' mtz's
twin long range tanks (once you've had a long range tank... it's hard to go withough... LOVE not needing to fuel up for a month, 1500k's per tank on average)
ARB twin wheel rear bar with genuine nissan rims
have a nice stereo setup inside with a double din jvc headunit and a good speaker/sub setup
uhf gps all that stuff

have just recently had my motor die on me (no 2 piston blew a hole in it driving along the highway at 90k's an hour!) so new reco'd motor going in with hardened pistons, catch can, dawes valve, needle valve

while i'm at it i'm putting a cross country intercooler (stock intercooler was i think to blame for my issues as it was badly split) aswell as a taipan exhaust and chip

anyways, i'll update this later on as i'm a little peeved at my car at present because i've just got everything back in and started it up only to discover that my injector pump isn't drawing fuel by itself... but i'll sort that out hopefully

cheers guys... and thanks to those that have already responded to my thread in the mechanical section re: pump issues

93patrol
3rd March 2013, 11:26 AM
welcome mate good bunch of guys here eager to lend a hand, nice setup you got there sounds like a good tourer.

goodluck with the injector pump and enjoy the sight and sounds of the forum

Drewboyaus
3rd March 2013, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the temple of Patrolology!
Great forum here with a stack of good people to help out when you need it....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2013, 11:33 AM
Welcome mate. Enjoy the patrols.
Sounds like you have a quite capable bus there.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MadDan
3rd March 2013, 11:52 AM
thanks guys.. yea my rig goes alright.... when it does actually GO!.... grrrrrr... lol

still surprised how many places i can go with just a well set up 2' lift compared to the full blown 6' lift i used to have (snake racing drop arms and the works) just need a little more ground clearance under my long range sub tank as it sits about an inch under my chassis rail

plan to go to a 3 inch setup with superflex arms and 35's down the track.... but that's down the list of priorities (just bought a house and got engaged... if you know what i mean ;-)

keen to get it running again and see how much difference the cross country intercooler, taipan exhaust and chip make, along with the dawes and needle valves looking after the turbo and removing that annoying blip in the revrange at around 2500 rpm
i reckon i was down on power with this rig before hand as it has less power runing 33's than my old 3L had running 35's! so am expecting a good %30 increase in power (leaky intercooler being the biggest culprit in lost power i suspect)

growler2058
3rd March 2013, 11:54 AM
Gday Dan welcome aboard nate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bloodyaussie
3rd March 2013, 12:08 PM
Welcome aboard mate........

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 12:10 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
3rd March 2013, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, Enjoy

Dominator
3rd March 2013, 12:49 PM
Welcome mate. If you have not done it already I strongly suggest fitting a boost gauge and an EGT gauge.

MadDan
3rd March 2013, 12:59 PM
yea mate... they're sitting in the shed ready to go in when i get my intercooler ;-)

healy
3rd March 2013, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

crouchy1989
3rd March 2013, 08:31 PM
welcome mate enjoy very friendly guys

crouchy1989
3rd March 2013, 08:32 PM
welcome mate friendly guys here

citizen
4th March 2013, 01:19 AM
welcome mate!

my third 256
4th March 2013, 03:17 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

turboesk
4th March 2013, 05:12 AM
hi mate and welcome

MEGOMONSTER
4th March 2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bigrig
4th March 2013, 08:13 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

BigRAWesty
4th March 2013, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you have got a solid plan.
A well setup 2" can go almost anywere.. just gotta drive it like you stole it sometimes...:cool:
Front diff lock helps a lot to...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MadDan
4th March 2013, 11:55 PM
diff locks are on the wish list dont you worry..

feel like bucking the trend and actually want to put a detroit in the rear...

Dominator
8th March 2013, 09:26 PM
I would put a locker in the front and leave the LSD in the rear. In my humble opinion driveline upgrades for a GQ/GU are front locker then crawler gears then rear locker. Patrol LSDs are well know for being great.

dfunkymnky
8th March 2013, 11:41 PM
Hi Dan, Im new too. Friendly people here hey :)

BBBB
10th March 2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome Dan, great forum with lots of resources

AB
11th March 2013, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

happygu
11th March 2013, 09:21 AM
Hi MadDan..... Welcome to the forum, and I hope that your Patrol ends up being a good one for you after fixing up some of the earlier issues.

Do you know why you had a problem with Piston 2? ... with yours being 2005, you still hear of the odd engine problems, but not usually on number 2 and more likely 3 and 4.

Any further news of observations for us?

Mic

wildgu6
11th March 2013, 10:03 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:55 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drew
20th March 2013, 06:18 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein