PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove Stereo Fascia in 2007 GU

andrewh
3rd March 2013, 12:29 AM
I've been looking thru but can't seem to find the post I am searching for...

Can anyone give me the heads up on how to change out the factory stereo in a 2007 GU? I don't mind retro, but the tape deck is a bit much!

I have found the two screws in the fascia and removed them and I am guessing you need to flick the surrounds off?... But I don't want to flick so hard I snap something and am left with a mess.

I can figure the rest out - its just the removal of fascia that I am a bit stuck on

Thanks

fracster
3rd March 2013, 01:07 AM
Assuming UK ones are the same.

Two screws under the centre strut of the fascia, then it is just held in with various clips around it,they are a snug fit, but they do pop off with gentle leverage.

Stereo is held in by the usual Japanese method of set screws through the stereo mounts and into the built in cradle. Undo them and take the whole lot out. Fit your new stereo to the existing mount and screw it all back together.

Don`t forget to plug the arial in, don`t ask how I know that.............:icon_bonk:

andrewh
3rd March 2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks for that

Maxhead
3rd March 2013, 10:06 AM
Sometimes it needs a little muscle persuasion but should pop off easily

TimE
3rd March 2013, 10:30 AM
On my GU IV you do this;

Remove the panel that surrounds the stereo unit by removing two screws just above the heater controls, pry the cover from the bottom corners and "pop" off. Undo the 4 screws that hold the existing unit in place, unplug leads and aerial plug from the rear of the existing unit. Remove the mounting brackets from the old unit and screw onto the new unit. Plug in the appropriate ISO and aerial adapters, bung it all back into the dash and Bob is your uncle.

andrewh
4th April 2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks - managed to sort it!