PDA

View Full Version : The Dogman - The old doggy is retiring!!!!

AB
1st March 2013, 09:04 AM
Doggy is an intricate part of this forum, especially when we first started out back in the days he was member number 36 which is one of the first members to the forum.

He has been here since day 1 and stayed ever since with good advice on multiple subjects and of course side splitting humour!!!

He doesn't mind copping some grief too and was happy to battle out the West V East agruements, AFL and old buggers versus new upstart generations....lol

A friend to many of us here so I just want to let everyone know that Wayne is struggling to find time to moderate the forum these days and has asked that I take him off the moderator list so he can enjoy the forum for what it is without feeling the need to moderate. He has been asking me to do this for about 12 months now so I need to stop been stubborn...lol.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to Doggy for all his hard work given to the forum and making it what it is today. We have built a great community of honest and trustworthy people so thanks to you Wayne it has stayed that way ever since the beginning!

Doggy is not saying good bye and ofcourse he will be here as much as he is now but we just want to say thanks for your efforts in keeping this place sane!!!!:1087::1087::1087::1087:

macca
1st March 2013, 09:07 AM
Sounds like he has been a great help and a good mate, enjoy your well deserved "retirement" Dogman.

Maxhead
1st March 2013, 09:11 AM
On Ya Wayne, at first I thought you were leaving us...but all good.

A big THANKS for helping this site and its members for years. Glad you are just retiring from the mod duties and not forum duties.

Cheers mate...WOOF WOOF!!

Winnie
1st March 2013, 09:23 AM
Geez Andy you need to emphasise at the start that he's not leaving. Took me til the end to realise he's sticking around! Great work doggy!

MudRunnerTD
1st March 2013, 09:28 AM
Good on ya Doggy, thanks for your help. See you in the soup bud and hopefully see you in the Middle next year mate.

Cheers Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC97GQ
1st March 2013, 09:32 AM
Nice one Doggy,

Enjoy your retirement, and thank you for all you efforts to help make this the best Nissan Patrol forum on the net.

Mark

Sir Roofy
1st March 2013, 09:37 AM
Andy you just like to scare pple aye thanks for all your hard work doggy
looking forward to some really good posts now the pressure is off
hope to see you in the middle 2014

cheers

growler2058
1st March 2013, 09:40 AM
Well done Doggy you can sit back in your kennel and lead the quiet life now ;)

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

BigRAWesty
1st March 2013, 09:58 AM
Top effort mate. Number 36.. geeze talk about back in the olden days... :D

Top effort mate, enjoy your time off.

So AB? Who is filling the spot?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

wildgu6
1st March 2013, 09:59 AM
Well ya can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Onya Doggy, your efforts over the years have not been in vein mate, you helped forge the best international forum on the block.
At least ya can't growl and snarl at me anymore like you did when I first signed up (no intro hahaha)
Good stuff mate, enjoy the fruits of your labour

TAPPN OUT

AB
1st March 2013, 10:00 AM
Top effort mate. Number 36.. geeze talk about back in the olden days... :D

Top effort mate, enjoy your time off.

So AB? Who is filling the spot?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Hey mate, we are ok at this point. It's amazing really it kind of is self moderating most of the time because all of us seem to have the right attitude and respect which is generally unheard of for an online community.

Bigrig
1st March 2013, 10:13 AM
On ya Doggy!!!! Enjoy sitting back old mate and make sure you still grace us with your company on here whenever you can.

You were a great support to me when I started mate, and I'm sure there's plenty of others who could say the same, so for that a huge resounding THANKYOU!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

MC97GQ
1st March 2013, 10:26 AM
Well ya can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Onya Doggy, your efforts over the years have not been in vein mate, you helped forge the best international forum on the block.
At least ya can't growl and snarl at me anymore like you did when I first signed up (no intro hahaha)
Good stuff mate, enjoy the fruits of your labour

TAPPN OUT

Mate,

You are living a lie ;), of course he's still gonna growl and snarl, that's his job.

Just because he's stepping down from modding doesn't mean he wont snap those into line who need it.

Beware of the Dog, cause he''ll still bite

taslucas
1st March 2013, 10:55 AM
Good on ya doggy. I'm just scared about how many people will jump the fence now that the guard dog has left the yard haha.
Come on, just one last infraction!

FanTapstic!

rusty_nail
1st March 2013, 11:31 AM
thanks for all your input on here doggy, you are always there to offer that "better opinion" and its really appreciated.

Cheers,

Nic

Stropp
1st March 2013, 12:49 PM
good on ya doggy, enjoy retirement well from the forum anyway.

Bloodyaussie
1st March 2013, 01:34 PM
Sounds more like a promotion than retirement!!!!!!

Good on ya mate, now you can act like a young wild dog and play up a bit, he he!!

NissanGQ4.2
1st March 2013, 04:03 PM
No....No....No, Don't do it AB, ignore him for a few more years, he has plenty of life in him, don't put him out to pasture just yet *LMAO*

I know you will be still kicking around Wayne but it won't be the same here without you.

I'm sure we will receive a few PM's saying - Quick Ban Him.....quick quick faster...

Enjoy the break, I'm sure you will be back.......well hoping anyway :)

Maxhead
1st March 2013, 05:26 PM
Doggy Doggy Doggy Oy Oy Oy!!!!

Just in case people didn't not know Doggy is a legend.

BTW Andy. We need a forum LEGENDS BOARD... all the great guys that have been and gone we need to pin up on the Legends board.... not Wayne but an idea
like Tony, Tim, Julia Gillard, etc...hahahah

megatexture
1st March 2013, 05:48 PM
Reading all these post I couldn't get # 36 out of my head that's a top effort ! But I think ab should promote you to moderator of the moderators to keep them in line lol .

Thanks for all your contribution making this forum what it is today.

NissanGQ4.2
1st March 2013, 05:56 PM
Reading all these post I couldn't get # 36 out of my head that's a top effort ! But I think ab should promote you to moderator of the moderators to keep them in line lol .

He would have no chance of keeping me in line *LMAO*

MC97GQ
1st March 2013, 06:28 PM
Doggy Doggy Doggy Oy Oy Oy!!!!

Just in case people didn't not know Doggy is a legend.

BTW Andy. We need a forum LEGENDS BOARD... all the great guys that have been and gone we need to pin up on the Legends board.... not Wayne but an idea
like Tony, Tim, Julia Gillard, etc...hahahah

Bloody oath Kris,

True Blokes like YNOT(Tony), Fletch etc,

People like that helped make this place and even though they don't appear here all the time(for whatever reason) they were/are legends.

I still read stuff they wrote when I do a search, and I miss their input.

Anyway I'm starting to tear up(boo hoo) so it's time for another beverage

Mark

growler2058
1st March 2013, 07:02 PM
AAaaannnnd ol super moderator Patch, now he woulda/did keep ALL in line

MC97GQ
1st March 2013, 07:07 PM
Nice one Growler,

I forgot about Patch, when I was thinking about old forum members,

Damn good reason to have an honor roll.

Mark

wildgu6
1st March 2013, 07:11 PM
Bloody oath Kris,

True Blokes like YNOT(Tony), Fletch etc,

People like that helped make this place and even though they don't appear here all the time(for whatever reason) they were/are legends.

I still read stuff they wrote when I do a search, and I miss their input.

Anyway I'm starting to tear up(boo hoo) so it's time for another beverage

Mark

Too bloody true, A legends thread would definately serve justice.
Have seen many a great bloke / & character come and go from the site since joining and still keep in touch with a few of them, BUT looking on the bright side, We haven't lost Doggy, the poor old bugga just needs a rest... Hahahahaha maybe he needs time to find that GU he's always been dreaming of....Ouch !!..... Can hear him snarling now LOL
One top bloke that I for one will stay in touch if he ever did decide to leave us...
It's because of blokes like Wayne Doggy Dogman, the Mechanical Guru Tony the and Pauly the Super Mod that made me hang around in the beginning and the friendships and laughs just grew from there.
He Would be greatly missed but he ain't going nowhere. Right Doggy !!!! Just a tired Pup

TAPPN OUT

the evil twin
1st March 2013, 07:18 PM
Old dogs never retire... they just get more selective on who they bite.

See ya at the meeting tonite mate... WOOF

growler2058
1st March 2013, 07:21 PM
Dont forget Katwoman, Snicko, Nowoolies, Finly

MC97GQ
1st March 2013, 07:36 PM
Dont forget Katwoman, Snicko, Nowoolies, Finly

Man, stop it (just kidding),

I advocate an honor roll, I can't keep up with those who have moved on.

Mark

Clunk
1st March 2013, 07:55 PM
Good on ya Doggy, you're welcome to smack me round the head with a brick anytime mate........ Thanks for putting up with me and my little comments and for introducing me to the WPC.

See you at the meeting Poochy

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Woof
2nd March 2013, 08:53 PM
Thank you all for your very kind words.
I was very sad the next day after I finally got Andy to set me free from you lot..

I could see from the start that this forum was going to be so different from all of the others that I used to be a member of .......and I am so happy that I was correct.
I have met some great people here, both local and overseas and I would like to meet them face to face but like forums are I will not get to meet you all but I will certainly meet some of you sometime I hope.

When i first joined this forum there was just a few of us and every time we reached another 50 to 100 members we were over the moon, we had no idea how big it would get in such a short time.

Due to my job i do not have enough time to spend here as I would like, so that is why I have decided to take an early retirement for this forum.
I will not be leaving here, you don't get rid of me that easy........If I am ever needed by Andy to assist all he has to do is ask....NOT YET MATE

Take care everyone and thanks again.
Wayne

PS thanks for the severance pay Andy, as you said mate the other Mods won't miss their end of year bonus anyway.

pearcey
2nd March 2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all your effort in keeping this forum one with out bitching and people running others down which seem to happen in most other forums. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed as you can see. Well done and a big THANK YOU

threedogs
3rd March 2013, 12:52 PM
Cant beat a good doogy IMO,
great work Wayne

Bob
3rd March 2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks for your efforts Doggy.
Enjoy your retirement as a Moderator and keep in touch
Regards
Bob

GUtsy ute
3rd March 2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for your great work as moderator, Dogman.

Look forward to next posts as a mere mortal!!LOL

the ferret
3rd March 2013, 02:53 PM
All the best Wayne, thanks for your hard work, sit back, relax and enjoy what you have helped to build.
Cheers, Rod.