PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Coolant System Header Tank RD28t GU

Shaunous
28th February 2013, 08:09 PM
Hi,
Im chasing a header tank for a 98 GU RD28t Patrol, cannot find one anywhere. Still waiting on a couple of suppliers to get back to me though.

Everywhere seems to have an abundance of the overflow tanks, but no one has or can get the header tanks.

HELP NEEDED as mine is cracked and leaking.

Shaun.

MQ MAD
1st March 2013, 09:43 AM
Header tanks for the radiator you mean ???
Yeah good luck with that
Ive a fully rodded GQ rad here and 2 days after that got done the header tank cracked, just spend $400 and got a decent steel header tank radiator
You mite be able to buy a cheap 2nd hand rad with a decent header tank you need on it

Shaunous
1st March 2013, 01:23 PM
Hey Mate,
Nah not the top tank of the radiator, there are 2 plastic overflows, well one is pressurized, which I call a header tank, and the other is not, its the overflow. The 2 plastic tanks on the passenger side on top of one another, im chasing the top one which has the pressure cap on top, its turned very brittle and is leaking.

Cheers,
Shaun.

Header tanks for the radiator you mean ???
Yeah good luck with that
Ive a fully rodded GQ rad here and 2 days after that got done the header tank cracked, just spend $400 and got a decent steel header tank radiator
You mite be able to buy a cheap 2nd hand rad with a decent header tank you need on it