PDA

View Full Version : GU8 and a Redarc batery isolator

Coldcomfort
27th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Hi all, I bought a redarc batery isolator from one of the reccomended ebay sellers. It arrived today. The instructions reccomend placing it as close to the start battery as possible...... I'll be stuffed if I can see a place close to the start battery that it could fit. Its a Redarc SBI12. Ant suggestions welcomed....

BigRAWesty
27th February 2013, 07:25 PM
No need to place it right next to. Pretty sure it says as close as possible.. so if you have to fit it near 2nd battery there will be no issues..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

healy
27th February 2013, 07:28 PM
Place it wherever you can on the fire wall etc it just means to keep it near the cranking batt so in the engine bay

Cuppa
27th February 2013, 07:34 PM
The telstra installation of the SBI12 in my Patrol had it mounted next to the aux battery on the opposite side of the engine bay to the crank battery...... with a suitably heavy cable connecting the two batteries. (32mm2 I think).

BigRAWesty
27th February 2013, 07:47 PM
26mm2 earth cable.. $9/m at blackwoods..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

CorbinsGUte
27th February 2013, 07:56 PM
hi i got the same piece of kit off ebay hopefully it arrives before the weekend ill be putting it near aux battery maybe near the top right of the fire wall bit of room there. the kit comes with plenty of wire so no probs there.
one thing Ive been is to also ground aux battery back to main battery someone correct me if im wrong.
cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tonks
27th February 2013, 08:09 PM
Any where under the hood will do if you use quality cable & connections.

Coldcomfort
27th February 2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys, there is a black plate between the aux battery and the fire wall. It even has holes in it that almost line up with the red arc. I will mount it there. Hopefully that will work Ok.Thanks guys!!

jack
27th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys, there is a black plate between the aux battery and the fire wall. It even has holes in it that almost line up with the red arc. I will mount it there. Hopefully that will work Ok.Thanks guys!!

That's where mine is mounted.