PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light Patrol 2003 ZD30

Rolal
27th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Good day all, from Western Sydney.

I had the Patrol for 3 months.

I have an Engine light issue that I cannot seem fine anything similar in the forums

The Patrol is auto. When power through first & second the engine may come on when close or just over 3000 revs.

But there is no performance issues, no codes. Switch off and back on the motor and engine light goes out. No flashing, no indication of any codes, my mechanic has checked.

The Patrol does have a dpchip installed, 2.5 exhaust and a leaky intercooler changed. Performs well, every thing is well except for the odd occasions I might push it and the Engine light comes on.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Motor only done around 130000Kms.

Any ideas would be welcome. I suspect either the dpchip or the airflow filter!

Rolal
27th February 2013, 06:58 PM
Last line I suspect airflow sensor?

healy
27th February 2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
28th February 2013, 02:42 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Maxhead
28th February 2013, 06:56 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
28th February 2013, 10:00 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

cr31
1st March 2013, 10:09 PM
Welcome mate, engine light with no error codes? That is odd, can you try swapping the ecu with another?

the godfather
3rd March 2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Rolal, welcome aboard mate.

I had the same issue recently, no codes just the engine light. Turned out to be the fuel filter. It seems to be a common fault. At first mine only ever came on on gravel roads. Went out as soon as I switch off and on again. I suggest a filter clean and change. Not a big job. Cheap as well.

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2013, 11:33 PM
Welcome mate. Good luck with your fault search. Hopefully TGF has the correct answer for you above.
Enjoy

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Rolal
14th March 2013, 02:09 PM
All,

thanks for your responses. Wow I have a different vehicle to what I purchased from the Nissan mob at Waterloo. The car was not operating properly from day 1 so I have now found out. It was not operating at full power from day 1. I bit the bullet and took it to Berrima Diesel. Home of the DPChip. Well was that trip totally worth it and the cost as well.
He replaced the MAF. Put a genuine air filter in and they put the latest software in the chip.
What difference did it make? Well after struggling going up the hills along the Hume Highway(and I thought this was normal) on my way to Berrima to overtaking cars and buses on the return trip on the hills was a tremedous turn around to the type of vehicle I had initially purchased.

Just goes to show you cant trust the Nissan dealership doing the right thing. I dont know what the original owner was told but if he sold it because it was so sluggish I feel sorry for him.

Anyway, the gents in Berrima did a superb job. He even raised the fact about install a catchcan. Will not try to second guess in future.

Even the Nissan analyser read the wrong error code, which I half expected. But it was a handy tool to have.

So if your not sure what your problem is, take it to the experts.

DX grunt
17th March 2013, 06:00 AM
G’day Rolal, and welcome. Glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
20th March 2013, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
20th March 2013, 04:49 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.