PDA

View Full Version : LED H4 Globes

oncedisturbed
26th February 2013, 06:46 PM
Just a query, i have senn thst there are led headlight globes now available and not that pricey either.

Anyone tried them or know someone who has and any info on them?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

NP99
17th March 2013, 01:36 AM
Are they ADR compliant? From everything I've heard people are staying clear of them!

threedogs
17th March 2013, 08:41 AM
@ Once,,,, they are similar to my 120 led jobs but 102 leds with the H4 base.
they would be bright I have no doubt of that , BUT IMO I dont think they
would light up the road very well, steer clear as suggested

Lieney
17th March 2013, 09:28 PM
I bought H3 globes to put in the work-lights on the rear of my rack. Cost me about $7 delivered for 2.
I don't use them anymore.
They were meant to be 35W or something but were only good enough for a camping / cooking light. I also had to modify the mounting area as they were bigger.
Be aware the basic output of each type of light. It the LED headlight H4 globes are capable of 60W then there may not be an issue.
The output of each type of basic light needs to fall in the following ranges for it to be legal (basically).
5-7W Park / clearance lights
18-21W Brake and Indicators
60W low beam highest limit, usually 55W
100W high beam limit, usually 60W
Headlights are not to dazzle oncoming drivers and you cannot fit HID globes unless you have squirters on the lenses.
There are other issue with heat, current draw etc, but you shouldn't have these issues with LED.

fracster
17th March 2013, 09:45 PM
I have some H3 leds in a couple of work lights, the local village idiot is brighter.

Maxhead
18th March 2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I wouldnt think they'd be bright enough but maybe if you get better quality ones they would work??? or wait 12 months and we'll have the technology...lol

nissannewby
18th March 2013, 10:56 AM
For LED's to be any good a lot of the light comes from the lens, so to get a quality led headlight I reckon it would have to be a complete light swap not just the bulb.

mick.
18th March 2013, 05:15 PM
There total rubbish. My actual parkers are brighter then those bulbs and I'm serious. lol

oncedisturbed
18th March 2013, 10:20 PM
Turns out they be no good anyway as the housing has the extra cover thingy at the end if where the globe sits with the reflector

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

mudski
18th March 2013, 11:01 PM
Won't to try them 1D and tell us how great they are :smiley_thumbs_up: Or crap. I saw them too and went onto the next item...

Everyone go to this site. www.uxcell.com (http://www.uxcell.com) .They sell heaps of cheap chinese do-dads. I have been getting Led interior lights for my troll through them. They sell them for about $8 posted each, bloody nice and bright the ones I got, but here the good thing. Everytime I have bought stuff, all under $10, they also give me a $5 coupon to spend on my next purchase.
So I make two separate purchases, one after the other, to get two $5 off coupons, and have been using them to slowly change over my bulbs to led. Last order for the interior light cost a whole $3.50'ish.
They got shit loads of LED stuff. Albeit mostly chit, but cheap and everything so far I have purchased, except for the LED running lights for $8 a pair, has been o.k.

oncedisturbed
18th March 2013, 11:19 PM
Dang nabbit, another damn site for me to troll through and get in strife with the Minister

mudski
19th March 2013, 10:13 AM
Haha. We thrive on this stuff though. ..

I tapped that app...