PDA

View Full Version : Help, 08 GU CRD won't start.

TPC
26th February 2013, 06:42 PM
My patrol has broken down while wife driving.
It will not start, as if the imoboliser is stopping.
RAA could not get it started and it came up with error codes 1610 and 1614, does anybody know what these codes mean?

Yendor
26th February 2013, 06:48 PM
Do you have a second key you can try starting the vehicle with?

TPC
26th February 2013, 06:51 PM
Do you have a second key you can try starting the vehicle with?
Unfortunately not, it only came with one key and hav not paid the $500 for the second yet.

Ciapek
26th February 2013, 06:54 PM
Long shot...sure it's not the battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yendor
26th February 2013, 06:55 PM
When you turn the key to crank what does the red security light do? does it flash or does it go off?

Is the vehicle an auto or manual?

TPC
26th February 2013, 07:05 PM
It is a manual, battery is fine and red security light stays on, something to do with bloody NATS

Yendor
26th February 2013, 07:07 PM
If it is a NATs problem it looks like it has a timed override that will allow the vehicle to be started ONLY ONCE.

You may want to check your owners manual to confirm this.

TPC
26th February 2013, 08:09 PM
Had the car towed home and will get to Nissan Dealer tomorrow.
Problem is the imoboliser has malfunctioned as the security light remains on with key in, should always read manual as Yendor suggested.
I am sure Nissan will have a big bill for me tomorrow.

Yendor
26th February 2013, 08:18 PM
It will more then likely be a fault with the key reader (IMMU) that is mounted around the ignition switch.

Did the manual say anything about the timed override of the NATs that would allow the vehicle to start after 15 minutes with the ignition turned on?

TPC
26th February 2013, 08:26 PM
It will more then likely be a fault with the key reader (IMMU) that is mounted around the ignition switch.

Did the manual say anything about the timed override of the NATs that would allow the vehicle to start after 15 minutes with the ignition turned on?
According to the manual only European models apparantly have that feature.

Yendor
26th February 2013, 08:36 PM
According to the manual only European models apparantly have that feature.

That's a bugger.

I did have a feeling that was the case, I couldn't find "dongle" in the wiring diagrams for the Australian models.

Hopefully Nissan don't hit you to hard in the hip pocket tomorrow.

Maxhead
26th February 2013, 08:40 PM
Anyone know what the codes mean???
\
EDIT: ok forget about it ...as above its nads

TPC
1st March 2013, 10:03 PM
Got my Patrol back from Nissan Dealer today, took 3 days and cost $820 to Nissan and $80 to tow truck.
They found the imobalizer chip reader was faulty and had to order it in along with a new key so I had a second.
Next year I plan to go on a 6 week holiday and am now concerned that something so simple can make the car unusable and the problem could not be bypassed by Nissan let alone anybody else.
If this happened in the middle of noware i would be f#*ked.
If it was a european model I could have switched the key to on, left it for 15 min and then start it, would be a hassel each time I start it until repaired but at least it would be useable.

Has anybody else had a problem with NATS imobalizer?

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 04:15 PM
WOW, $900 to fix your vehicle and supply a second key!.....I bet that ruined your weekend.

It does seem to be coming a common problem with the key readers around the same year model as yours.

Not sure if it is a manufactures fault for that period or maybe Nissan changed suppliers???

It's a sad reflection on todays society that manufactures need to incorporate such security systems.

A GQ can be stolen with a screw driver.

I guess if the GUs had the 15 minute override then it would be a screw driver and 15 minutes.

Have you thought about joining the RACQ? (or whatever it's called in SA) At least it can help with towing.

TPC
3rd March 2013, 12:59 AM
WOW, $900 to fix your vehicle and supply a second key!.....I bet that ruined your weekend.

It does seem to be coming a common problem with the key readers around the same year model as yours.

Not sure if it is a manufactures fault for that period or maybe Nissan changed suppliers???

It's a sad reflection on todays society that manufactures need to incorporate such security systems.

A GQ can be stolen with a screw driver.

I guess if the GUs had the 15 minute override then it would be a screw driver and 15 minutes.

Have you thought about joining the RACQ? (or whatever it's called in SA) At least it can help with towing.
Yea I am in the RAA, problem was the car stopped working about 4pm Tuesday and by the time RAA organized my free tow the nissan dealer was closed so got it towed home and had to pay for the tow to the dealer the next morning. Thought about flat towing it myself with a rope but Patrols are bloody hard to stop without the power assist on the brakes.