PDA

View Full Version : Throttle issue

Aussies1129
26th February 2013, 12:20 PM
Ok I have a 2007 patrol wagon st-s auto crd it has erratic rpm issues especially
Always between the 1500-2000 mark normally if I am cruising not revving up or any load
The tacho needle would flicker about a few hundred rpm here and there with the egine gaining power then losing it but not on cruise control it's not a huge problem just annoying
Cheers

threedogs
26th February 2013, 12:23 PM
Mate pop over to the introductions first hey, just something the forum asks from everyone

WogsRus
26th February 2013, 12:36 PM
hay mine started to do similar on a new CRD 2012, only when cold though

taslucas
26th February 2013, 12:50 PM
Ok I have a 2007 patrol wagon st-s auto crd it has erratic rpm issues especially
Always between the 1500-2000 mark normally if I am cruising not revving up or any load
The tacho needle would flicker about a few hundred rpm here and there with the egine gaining power then losing it but not on cruise control it's not a huge problem just annoying
Cheers

Mate pop over to the introductions first hey, just something the forum asks from everyone

After you've done that, have a quick search of the forum(top right corner). There's been a couple of threads started with the same issue. Hopefully you will find some help:-)

FanTapstic!

alexx
26th February 2013, 02:34 PM
welcome to the forum!

Aussies1129
26th February 2013, 03:53 PM
No worries thanks guys will do cheers

grimace
26th February 2013, 04:38 PM
mine did the same thing, turned out to be the accelerator pedal which i have replaced and since then has been great. you can get them from nizbits for around $460 plus postage or you can do what i did and ring nissan and they will quote you $570 and then you can say that you can buy them for $440 from nizbits and they should match the price then you save on the postage, cheers....

happygu
26th February 2013, 05:22 PM
Definitely sounds like the TPS Sensor is playing up. (Throttle Position Sensor)

You may be able to pull it apart to clean the contacts. There is another thread about which details how to pull it apart to clean...it doesn't take too long, and might save you a few dollars ( or at least become a useable spare part to take on longer trips away )

Mic

nipagu7
26th February 2013, 05:36 PM
sounds like it might even be the gearbox dropping in and out of overdrive or the torque converter locking and unlocking !

Aussies1129
26th February 2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the response awesome I will try with the throttle position sensor on
The pedal first and go from there cheers

Aussies1129
26th February 2013, 10:01 PM
Hi would anyone be able to direct to the post on taking apart and cleaning the tps
Is this the sensor on the xcellerator pedal?
Cheers