PDA

View Full Version : Wiring aftermarket GPS/ DVD everything combo in 2005 TI

florussem
25th February 2013, 04:05 PM
A bit after the fact, but I am going to install an after market GPS, DVD - do everything Double din unit as well as a dedicated rear vision monitor in a 2005 TI patrol. I would like to disable and remove the current nav unit and DVD as part of the process. Does anyone understand the complex relationship of these units. BTW I wondered what that was under the drivers seat..... And what are the complexities of getting the Steering wheel controls to work? Many thanks for any help.

threedogs
25th February 2013, 04:24 PM
Yendor is your man here regarding what you are after

Winnie
25th February 2013, 04:28 PM
You can normally buy plug and play looms to upgrade head units. Makes it so much easier, but you usually lose steering wheel controls. I remember seeing a thread recently with a member managing to retain the wheels controls but I'm on the phone so can't search sorry.

Alitis007
25th February 2013, 05:30 PM
High end units like Alpine have add on kits to keep the steering wheel controls and plug and play kits are made by DNA but Nissan have up to 3 different looms so you need to take the head unit out see what plugs you have and try and match it up or tap into the factory loom and solder in the head units wiring in.

threedogs
25th February 2013, 05:38 PM
I did the latter as mates work at JB HI FI but had I known about the plug and play loom
I would have taken that path, updating again soon

florussem
26th February 2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys, I think Ive found an expert in southern Tas. The unit came with a wiring loom but there seems to be a lot of options and no instructions, so I might swallow my pride and talk with the local guy. Ill let you know the outcome..