PDA

View Full Version : Water coming out of my exhaust. HELP!

Jamesandlizk
25th February 2013, 02:43 PM
Hi guys, just wondering what this means. Obviously I'm having overheating issues and if you read my last thread about pressure caps you will know that I have just had the head replaced gasket done radiator, water pump thermo stat caps timing belt head bolts etc. why after all this time and money am I still having problems with water out of the exhaust and overheating...the problems have only just started happening and the work was done about 3 months ago. Any help would be very appreciated, I have 4 small kids including a 3 month old baby.
Cheers guys

Jamesandlizk
25th February 2013, 02:45 PM
Sorry forgot, I drive a 99 gu 2.8 cheers

mudski
25th February 2013, 02:48 PM
You replaced the head gasket but did you get the head checked for cracks?

threedogs
25th February 2013, 03:26 PM
IMO I'd say just condensation unless its green
Thermostat, timing and water pump,along with radiator
cooling systems are not that complex

mudski
25th February 2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah could be just left overs from the last issue. But a cracked head will spit water out the pipe.

Sir Roofy
25th February 2013, 04:05 PM
I thought codensation but it should stop after warm up
unless theres a heap of moisture in the muffler

threedogs
25th February 2013, 04:34 PM
Thought condensation but it still over heats maybe viscous hub is Knackered on fan
Rule out whats been done and see whats left over to cause a problem that imo is fan

Jamesandlizk
25th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the thoughts on the water from the exhaust, so my question is, why is it only overheating going up the mountain and not the rest of the 100 or so km's I've done before hand?
Mudski- I replaced the head as well as the gasket pump timing belt head bolts taper gasket thermostat radiator, caps and all hoses. Got me stumped.
I opened the reservoir and topped up the fluid levels. Turned the car on with the reservoir cap off and it didn't spew water out at me or bubble. I let it get to running temp and still (after the thermostat had opened, cause the water was pretty hot) no water spewing out. Out the cap on and drove to Sydney (50 odd Km's away) got all the way back to the bottom of the 'mountain' and still no water coming out of the overflow. Got to the top of the mountain and the gauge starts to move, so I pull over and it's overheated.
Help, please it's doing my head in.. :-(

Sir Roofy
25th February 2013, 05:52 PM
The fan is another possible or the fan belt not tight enough

threedogs
25th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Does your model have a MAF sensor as such, only do one mod at a time
if you do 2 you'll never know which mod fixed it

Alitis007
25th February 2013, 05:58 PM
Have you bleed the air out of the cooling system from the highest point??

Did you fit the correct radiator ??

Is the exhaust blocked from the water that was let into it when the head was cracked??

Is the timing correct???

Is the fuel leaning out coz it wasn't timed properly or the adjustment on the injector pump was touched??

threedogs
25th February 2013, 05:59 PM
Im gunna call this as Goat syndrome, HAVE YOU MIXED?CHANGED THE COOLANT lately???

Edit X 2 on air lock grab a plastic coke bottle cut the butt out park somewhere up hill and bleed air from system

mudski
26th February 2013, 08:08 AM
Sounds stupid, but there's nothing blocking the air to the radiator? I had a customer a few years back with a similar issue, but it was a truck. In the end he found a small sheet of plastic in between the grill and radiator. Just enough to make the truck overheat on hills.
But make sure the fan and viscous hub is right. Also everything that Alitis has said.

Bigrig
26th February 2013, 08:21 AM
When you say "done radiator" on the opening post, do you mean replaced, rinsed out, or rodded?? Only replaced or rodded will rule it out as an offender ... You may have already mentioned that, so sorry if repeating someone ...

Condensation is normal to a certain degree - how much are we talking? And are you having to top up radiator? If no to the second question, then it's not water from the truck ... which rules out a heap of issues also.

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....