PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Mid North Coast, NSW

koller
24th February 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi,
New to the forum. Have much loved 1989 SWB Patrol that lives close to the ocean & is being kept alive with regular rust repairs & replacement & lots of TLC.
Every rego check - is ' if we can get just another year' - but so far it's hanging in there & really trying to keep it in there as it does low km's and still think it's one of the best looking 4WD's built. So - came across this forum in the search for a replacement front driver side door .
Have been advised by trusted mechanics - to not open the door & to climb in from the passenger side until fixed. Having tried that today -that's not going to work at all.
So - thought it would be great to join the forum & at the same time - ask if anyone has any suggestions as to the best potential source of a decent door. ( have tried a few wreckers with no luck and even just sent email to Nissan - not sure if they would carry something of that age - and if they do can imagine what they will charge - given the few trim parts purchased in the past )
Ok - thanks for reading & appreciate any suggestions.
PK

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome aboard mate.................

growler2058
24th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
24th February 2013, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, you should get a better response by asking questions in a different category as a lot of people don't read the intro's.

MEGOMONSTER
24th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

koller
24th February 2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks for your advice sport - appreciate. Will ask Q in another section.

threedogs
24th February 2013, 03:43 PM
hello and welcome to the forum

Bigrig
24th February 2013, 04:08 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

Maxhead
24th February 2013, 06:00 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

flashman1207
24th February 2013, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forum, its a great place

macca
24th February 2013, 06:12 PM
What part of thr MNC are you Koller?

koller
24th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Pacific Palms just south of Forster

boss2013
24th February 2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome mate

macca
24th February 2013, 07:51 PM
Pacific Palms just south of Forster

Brian and the team at Mugridge NRMA Forster are into Patrols, you might get a door from them.

koller
24th February 2013, 07:54 PM
Brian and the team at Mugridge NRMA Forster are into Patrols, you might get a door from them.
Appreciate that info - will give them a buzz. PK.

boss2013
24th February 2013, 07:57 PM
Hay mate just let you no I got a set of doors that were on a mq swb but there off a gq they are the ones with no qaurter glass but I am in qld so.
If you want them i pcould find out fraight cost

koller
24th February 2013, 08:20 PM
Hay mate just let you no I got a set of doors that were on a mq swb but there off a gq they are the ones with no qaurter glass but I am in qld so.
If you want them i pcould find out fraight cost
G'day, thanks for note. I am interested. Appreciate getting a couple of pics of them emailed ? (koller@pnc.com.au ), particularly driver side outside & the hinge areas - so I can check same & the nick. What would you want for them ?
Would also appreciate if you could get a freight cost to Pacific Palms NSW. Thanks PK.

healy
25th February 2013, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Miketech
25th February 2013, 10:47 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum