PDA

View Full Version : On board air Compressor

paulyg
24th February 2013, 09:11 AM
HI guys,
I would like to mount an air compressor beside my cargo drawers, but it would need to go in a box,
if i use two 80mm computer fans on the front and back of the box do you guys think that would be enough to cool the compressor?

MudRunnerTD
24th February 2013, 09:21 AM
How big is the compressor? I have a 3/4 hp big boss in a box in the back of the GQ and actually used the speaker covers from the old rear door speakers at each end of the box and there is Plenty of air flow.

I have an ARB hi output in the side box of my Black Widow drawers in the GUIv and no vent and no trouble.

I don't think you need the fans mate

oncedisturbed
24th February 2013, 09:24 AM
Gonna watch this as I am keen in doing something similar ad had to buy a new compressir the other day

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

paulyg
24th February 2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys,
the compressor is a projector typhoon, the box is not much biger than the compressor.

BigRAWesty
24th February 2013, 09:44 AM
It should be fine. Make sure you grab a 12 v fan and not 24.
Imo put both on one side pushing threw, a lot more flow then...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
24th February 2013, 11:15 AM
X 2 with above plus you can extend the air filter if concerned.
really depends if compressor has a thermal overload switch fitted.
Give it a test run first, remember to use AUX battery as they pull a few AMPS

olmav
5th March 2013, 05:11 PM
i was thinking along the way of a tank just for a bit more pressure for when you need a ressrve is allways a good idea

threedogs
5th March 2013, 05:51 PM
Great idea most mount a one gallon job on the inside of left chassis rail.
use those push/lock air fitting, you can't go wrong, dont forget a one way valve near
compressor to stop air leaking out.