PDA

View Full Version : fuel manigment system on a tb45

Mudboss
24th February 2013, 03:34 AM
Need advise please.

been reading up on a stand alone fuel manigment systems for my 4.5 patrol. found a cheepy one that hooks up to ur diagnostic plug under your steering colum. is there any other system that others have tried? Do they work ?

thanx fellas

BJNSW
15th March 2013, 10:02 PM
Mudboss,
I have been using an Xede chip from Chiptorque.
Got the TB45e up to 132hp from 90hp and fuel economy down
from 24 litres per hundred to 18.5 litres per hundred.
If you are interested I have just Turboed my TB45 and have
had to go to a Haltech PS2000 ecu , so the xede chip will be for sale next week.
Let me know if your interested
I have Dyno maps installed in the chip so should suit your car.
Regards
BJNSW

4by
15th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Mudboss,
had to go to a Haltech PS2000 ecu , so the xede chip will be for sale next week.
Regards
BJNSW

You were using the punkd chip before. Is this xede much different? Does xede work with lpg?

BJNSW
15th March 2013, 10:43 PM
4by,
The DFAS adjuster could only use the MAF sensor to alter the fueling.
The xede chip lets you do the Fueling and ignition timing to get a much better result.
With DFAS the car made 112 hp with the Xede chip the car made 132hp.
The xede chip would be able to alter the fueling on LPG if it is injected but not if it is gas ring style LPG.
The ignition timing could also be altered and 2 map soultion could be run for both fuel types.
I hope this helps.
Regards
BJNSW

rottodiver
15th March 2013, 11:03 PM
I have a unichip installed, I make 98 rwkw, I think that converts to just under 130 rwhp. My fuel is about 21 litres per 100 in the city and around 18 for country (105km/h) and could be alot less at 95 km/h...

What is the conversion for kw to hp ?

Scotty

rottodiver
15th March 2013, 11:04 PM
And I am running 305 stt coopers
Scotty

Alitis007
15th March 2013, 11:41 PM
Mudboss,
Regards
BJNSW

Whats the chip worth mate ?? Is it mafless ?? What exhaust do you run ??

I thought that the 45's where limited to factory chips (TBH i never looked into it ) and i was opting for an engine conversion.

BJNSW
16th March 2013, 10:37 AM
Alitis007
The Xede chip still uses the maf sensor and is wired in to the standard ECU but also controls ignition timing. It also allows multiple maps eg for LPG and Petrol.
I had a full Redback 2.5 inch system with extractors. This change made an extra 4hp from 90 to 94hp without the chip tuning.
I bought the Xede chip on Ebay for $270 and sent it back to Chiptorque for full upgrade cost $290.00.
The upgrade included base maps for TB45E, software and wiring diagram to connect the chip to ECU. The upgrade was done in June 2012.
I would be happy to sell the Xede for $350.00 with dyno maps installed and software.
Regards
BJNSW

4by
16th March 2013, 10:59 AM
Alitis007
The Xede chip still uses the maf sensor and is wired in to the standard ECU but also controls ignition timing. It also allows multiple maps eg for LPG and Petrol.
I had a full Redback 2.5 inch system with extractors. This change made an extra 4hp from 90 to 94hp without the chip tuning.
I bought the Xede chip on Ebay for $270 and sent it back to Chiptorque for full upgrade cost $290.00.
The upgrade included base maps for TB45E, software and wiring diagram to connect the chip to ECU. The upgrade was done in June 2012.
I would be happy to sell the Xede for $350.00 with dyno maps installed and software.
Regards
BJNSW

PM's sent thanks,

Dampies
8th June 2014, 11:38 PM
Chip still available?

Leevi
3rd May 2023, 10:07 PM
Hi mudboss any chance you have a copy of the xede tune. Would you share a copy at all?

Leevi
3rd May 2023, 10:11 PM
You were using the punkd chip before. Is this xede much different? Does xede work with lpg?

Does anyone have a copy of a tune they could flick me, upload to me, iv recently bought a car with this unit in it. And it's running very ordinary, no power etc have replaced alot of the sensors and everything todo with spark so my next step is to try someone else's tune for my NA tb45

Amino
10th September 2023, 08:49 PM
Hello, I’m looking for maps (files or photo) to parameter my Xede custom for my tb45…
The one provides by chiptoque let the engine run Rich (it smell unburned fuel, and fuel consumption rised up)
Any helps :)
Thanks