PDA

View Full Version : Pressure cap or no pressure cap in recover reservoir 99 gu rd28ti

Jamesandlizk
23rd February 2013, 03:09 AM
Hi,
Just after some advise if which cap needs to pressurised. I have a 99 gu rd28ti with the overflow running from the side of the radiator and not the neck.
My question is which cap should be pressurised? Should it be the radiator cap or the reserve reservoir? Having an over heating issue and suspect the caps and all hoses are new as well as the head and head gasket.
Any info would be helpful.
Cheers

nissannewby
23rd February 2013, 06:12 AM
The recovery cap goes on the radiator. The other pressure cap as you put will go on the reservoir.

You can however use a recovery cap in place of a standard cap but not the other way around.

Jamesandlizk
24th February 2013, 10:24 PM
Hi,
So I have replaced my cap on the reserve resivour with a new cap (pressurised cap). I live in the blue mountains, only when driving up the hill to my house does it over heat.
The new cap has not resolved the issue.
Any ideas on what the likely suspect could be?
I can drive it around for a fair few Km's without it over heating (100km's), but as soon as I hit the hill it overheats.
Help please, it's doing my head in.

Jamesandlizk
24th February 2013, 10:28 PM
Just to be clear of what you meant,I should have the pressure cap on the reserve reservoir and the non pressure cap on the radiator? (this is what I have done and it's not working).
Cheers

fracster
25th February 2013, 03:37 AM
Is your radiator clean of crap,inside and outside?

Jamesandlizk
25th February 2013, 12:06 PM
Hi,
Yeah we did a complete cooling system flush, so it's defiantly clean. I have replaced the hoses and radiator, thermostat and caps as well as a new head, head gasket, timing belt, water pump, tappet gasket, new head bolts etc.
It's only starting doing it since I changed the hoses. There are no obvious leaks. But like I said above, the only time it overheats is going up bell bird hill kurrajong to Bilpin where I live.
Head scratcher.

Jamesandlizk
25th February 2013, 01:48 PM
I have just noticed there is water coming from the exhaust pipe! Help?!

itchyvet
9th April 2013, 07:12 PM
I have just noticed there is water coming from the exhaust pipe! Help?!

Guess you've discovered by now what this means ? Hope you've replaced the head with an ORIGINAL NISSAN PRODUCT, same goes for all the parts required for this replacement. Like cam belt/water pump/cam belt tensioner,main crank oil seal.