PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent shutdown of CRD ZD 30

greynomad
22nd February 2013, 11:56 PM
I purchased a brand new Patrol in 2010 and it had an intermittent engine shutdown to idle without any error codes and it left me stranded in the middle of an intersection. It turned out to be an intermittent stop light switch which took 18 months to locate and replacement eliminated the problem. There's a computer safety feature which causes the engine to shutdown when the accellerator and brake pedal is depressed at the same time only while the vehicle is in motion. Mine is an automatic.

Yendor
23rd February 2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the information.

Did it seem to have any pattern to when it would play up? rainy days? going around roundabouts?

Cheers Rodney

Maxhead
23rd February 2013, 06:11 AM
I also found out the safety feature where you can not accelerate and brake at the same time. I found this when trying to use the manual brake override on my brake controller while still accelerating. I thought it was a faulty brake controller at first...lol

threedogs
23rd February 2013, 07:08 AM
Same thing happened to another member just recently,
Definetly one to store in the memory bank.

happygu
23rd February 2013, 08:32 AM
Great information to share GreyNomad.

Thanks

Rudy
17th December 2013, 05:07 PM
Greynomad,

I have the very same problem with my GU having shutdowns. What is an intermittent stop light switch and where is it located. Can you please explain exactly where you found the problem or should I go to an auto electrician. Sorry for so many questions its just that had my 2009 model GU in at Nissan dealership trying to fix the same problem you had with your truck. Only to tell me that they will need to replace the common rail as this is the next thing after replacing the fuel filter again on there so called diagnoses procedure at a cost of $3300 mind you and that's with no guarantee of it fixing the issue.

Steve4wdin
17th December 2013, 06:22 PM
Have you guys with problems had the recall done? This came out last month. Accelerator replacement and wiring harness.