PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER, Here I come !!!

katwoman
4th December 2010, 03:34 AM
WOO HOO. Two more sleeps and I've got 6 weeks off !!!!!!! 5 more sleeps and we're off to (better be) sunny QLD. Then home to the delivery of our brand new boat !! Can life get any better ???:harhar:

DX grunt
4th December 2010, 08:45 AM
WOO HOO. Two more sleeps and I've got 6 weeks off !!!!!!! 5 more sleeps and we're off to (better be) sunny QLD. Then home to the delivery of our brand new boat !! Can life get any better ???:harhar:

Congratulations! What I could do with 6 weeks off. lol. I'm happy living in WA. It's got all my wants and needs. lol

Please enjoy your holiday and your new boat.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

YNOT
4th December 2010, 08:47 AM
Ahhh, about sunny Qld, it's not exactly sunny at the moment, if fact it's rather, well, wet! On the upside all our dams are full and there are plenty of places to put a boat in, except you won't be getting your boat until you get back home.
What part of Qld are you heading to?

Tony

wildgu6
4th December 2010, 01:18 PM
Nice one Kat, rub it in why dont ya. 6 weeks would be heaven. QLD so laid back, aaahhh thats the life
Havnt been to QLD for a couple of years, usually go annualy for a few weeks to see family in Redcliffe (Brissy).
Miss's and I want to move there when the young fella is off our hands. Waiting waiting waiting.
What sort of boat you & your fella getting (fishing, speed or sailing ????).
Dont forget we love our pics around here. Hopefully you can post a few when you get back
Congrat's by the way on your new toys.

Have a safe trip Kat and have a great time, bet you are so pumped right now.

Cheers Pete

Woof
4th December 2010, 01:25 PM
Hey Kat, sorry but Summer has been canceled over East this year......we have got it over here in the West and we are not sharing it:049:

katwoman
4th December 2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks, to those well wishers ! Damn westies, think they have it all !! We are heading inland to Emerald, then over to Gold Coast ( Ormeau) to see our oldest ! Eat him out of house and home before he comes home for xmas and does the same thing. Then, fishing, fishing, fishing..
The boat is only a tinnie for fishing, but, bugger it, we work too hard and life is short !
Hope u guys have a great xmas and new year too.

Pete's GU3
4th December 2010, 05:27 PM
6 weeks off what a feeling , i have had 2 days off in the last 2 years working as a casual every day , hard slog but now i have made full time with the council and im in baby , got the golden ticket ....

Enjoy your trip

Bigrig
4th December 2010, 06:02 PM
Hmmm ... let me think ... sunny QLD ... hmmmm .... nope, you have us mistaken!!! LOL ... WHERE IS THE SUN??????? Should be averaging 30+ degrees with 70% humidity by now, yet we are cold and wet .... grrrrr ... I hope it turns better for you mate for your trip!!!! We can all serve to benefit from that.

katwoman
4th December 2010, 08:39 PM
I'll bring the sun with me if u like. It is beautiful here today !!!

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 08:55 PM
Hate to B the 1 putting a dampner on ya trip but, they are predicting rain for 1 more week. If you up around Tamborine while staying at Ormeau you and Dave? are welcome to pop in and say hi.

Tim

katwoman
4th December 2010, 09:49 PM
Well, thank you. 'Dave' (steve) and I will certainly think about it. Is beatuiful up there. So, just turn on the sunshine by Monday week, when we get to GC, that'd be good !

Woof
4th December 2010, 09:53 PM
I just can't believe the weather that is happening over East at the moment.
Australian Weather Warning Summary

issue time state warning
Sat 22:06 EDT Vic Local Waters Wind Warning for Western Port and Port Phillip
Sat 22:03 EDT Vic Coastal Waters Wind Warning for Victorian Waters between Portland and Wilsons Promontory
Sat 21:39 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Nepean-Hawkesbury Rivers
Sat 21:01 CDT SA Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Damaging Wind for People in the West Coast and Parts of the Northwest Pastoral Districts
Sat 20:27 EST Qld Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Queensland. Severe storms may produce hail greater than 2cm, winds stronger than 90km/h & flash flooding
Sat 21:24 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Murrumbidgee River
Sat 21:18 EDT Tas Severe Weather Warning Flash Flooding for Land Areas Northeast of A Line From Georgetown to Campbell Town to Bicheno in Northeastern TAS
Sat 20:59 EDT Vic Cancel Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Sat 20:41 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Bogan River
Sat 20:01 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - MacQuarie River
Sat 19:56 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Castlereagh River
Sat 19:12 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Lachlan River
Sat 19:11 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Belubula River
Sat 18:55 EDT Tas Severe Weather Warning (Flash Flooding) for central northern and northeastern areas
Sat 15:27 WST WA Cancellation of Strong Wind Warning for Albany to Israelite Bay
Sat 16:55 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Queanbeyan and Molonglo
Sat 16:49 EDT Tas Cancellation of Flood Watch for eastern river basins
Sat 16:12 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Peel and Namoi Rivers
Sat 15:04 EST Qld Cancellation of Strong Wind Warning for Yeppoon to Point Danger, including Hervey and Moreton Bay
Sat 15:46 EDT NSW/ACT Strong Wind Warning between Point Danger and Wooli
Sat 11:14 EST Qld Flood Warning - Warrego River
Sat 11:06 EST Qld Flood Warning - Fitzroy River Basin
Sat 10:29 EST Qld Flood Warning - Thomson and Barcoo Rivers and Cooper Creek
Sat 11:16 EDT Vic Flood warning - Seven Creeks / Castle Creek
Sat 10:54 EDT Vic Flood Warning - King River
Sat 09:40 EST Qld Flood Warning - Bulloo River
Sat 10:10 EDT Vic Flood Warning - Avoca River
Sat 09:06 EST Qld Flood Warning - Paroo River
Sat 09:59 EDT Vic Flood Warning - Kiewa River
Sat 09:52 EDT Vic Flood Warning - Goulburn River
Sat 09:38 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Watch - North West, South West & Central West
Sat 08:01 EST Qld Final Flood Warning - Don River
Sat 06:17 CDT SA Total Fire Ban for the West Coast, Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Lower Eyre Peninsula and Yorke Peninsula districts
Fri 10:32 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Paroo River
Thu 14:40 EDT NSW/ACT Flood Warning - Hastings River at Kindee Bridge
Site search

Rain likely to affect the Adelaide test

17:41 EDT The second Ashes Test underway at Adelaide Oval is likely to be affected by showers and storms, potentially leading to delays or even a complete washout.

* 17:08 EDT Rain on the horizon again for eastern Australia
* 08:32 EDT Europe cold snap continues to kill
* 22:09 EDT Storms, flash flooding continue to hit Victoria
* 18:35 EDT NSW towns brace for weekend floods

katwoman
4th December 2010, 09:59 PM
Probaly a good thing 4 the cricket !! Sucks anyway !

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 10:08 PM
Sat 20:27 EST Qld Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Queensland. Severe storms may produce hail greater than 2cm, winds stronger than 90km/h & flash flooding

Qld bloody big area. That must be 1 big storm..........

Bigrig
4th December 2010, 10:11 PM

Qld bloody big area. That must be 1 big storm..........

Not wrong mate - the whole state had best pack up and prepare!!!!

AB
4th December 2010, 10:14 PM
My gutters couldnt handle the water on Friday and my bedroom leaked. Spent Friday night ripping up the carpet and currently have fans blowing in the room trying to air out the wet dog smell..lol

Victoria feels like the tropics right now. Hot, sunny then belting down with rain....1 hour later, suns out and It's very humid, then belts down with rain again.

Bigrig
4th December 2010, 10:23 PM
My gutters couldnt handle the water on Friday and my bedroom leaked. Spent Friday night ripping up the carpet and currently have fans blowing in the room trying to air out the wet dog smell..lol

Victoria feels like the tropics right now. Hot, sunny then belting down with rain....1 hour later, suns out and It's very humid, then belts down with rain again.

Maybe the world tipped on it's head without telling anyone??? That's how we should be right now, and it's been cool, overcast and drizzling for 3-4 days now ... apparently we're in summer???

YNOT
4th December 2010, 10:28 PM
I just can't believe the weather that is happening over East at the moment.

Didn't I see a cyclone right down south off the west coast of WA on tonights weather? And you think our weather's crazy!

Tony

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 10:29 PM

Got a kennards Hire near you? Go down and drop my name and tell them to ring Slacks Creek store to authorise you a discount from me for carpet blowers.

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 10:31 PM
:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked: :hijacked:We are all guilty!

Woof
4th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Didn't I see a cyclone right down south off the west coast of WA on tonights weather? And you think our weather's crazy!

Tony

Yeah you are correct Tony but it just lost it's way so we have sent it over East.........sorry matehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Woof
4th December 2010, 10:59 PM
:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked: :hijacked:We are all guilty!

Yes we are Tim.............................................so what's new matehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

AB
5th December 2010, 07:03 AM
Got a kennards Hire near you? Go down and drop my name and tell them to ring Slacks Creek store to authorise you a discount from me for carpet blowers.

Thanks Timbo but I ended up getting one of our blowers we use to blow up massive inflatable jumping castles for childrens playgrounds from work. Nearly blew my windows out when I turned it on. Sounds like a jet!

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2010, 08:31 AM
this looks like the general banter thread *LMAO*

AB
5th December 2010, 09:24 PM

We're shockers arnt we...lol

Dhuck
5th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Hey, aint Emerald cut off by the floods due to our sunny Qld weather (not)

Finly Owner
5th December 2010, 11:18 PM

Just getting Kat used to us and our ways.

AB
6th December 2010, 07:46 AM
Hey, aint Emerald cut off by the floods due to our sunny Qld weather (not)

It's getting pretty full on up there, I think Wagga Wagga is on alert today!

Bigrig
6th December 2010, 08:46 AM
We had about 45mm in 15 minutes yesterday, and closer to 75mm across that same hour ... we're on an elevated block, and our entertainment area flooded as the water just couldn't get away quick enough!!!