PDA

View Full Version : I cannot start my beast ! :(

jujunini
22nd February 2013, 11:30 AM
Hello guys !
I have a gq tb42s dual fuel
I'm a little bit lost :(
The problem is that I replace hose from fuel pump to carb and hose from fuel filter to fuel pump because i'm still seeking why the car stalls on petrol and found out these two hoses were a bit worn.
It was running great on gas but stalling on petrol.
Now, it doesn't start at all on both and I don't know why.
I installed a pertronix 1762ls with the stock coil 2 weeks ago and the car was running fine
and i putted a rebuild kit on the carb one week ago and the car was also running fine but now i don't why since i changed these two hoses I can't start !

BigRAWesty
22nd February 2013, 11:34 AM
First up check the 3 must haves, air fuel and spark.
Unless its blocked, you should have air..
Pull the fuel feed line to the carby and crank the motor over. Is there fuel coming threw.
Next spark, pull a plug out and with it plugged in and touching the engine get some one to crank the engine and you watch for a spark..

If all these are fine, then we start digging deeper..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MudRunnerTD
22nd February 2013, 11:35 AM
is the fuel filter in the right direction??

jujunini
22nd February 2013, 01:30 PM
yep fuel filter in the right position

Parksy
22nd February 2013, 01:33 PM
Disconnect the fuel hose from the carby and get someone to crank the engine. Should get fuel flow. If not, look for kinks/blockages in the line.

My bad, Kallen already mentioned this...

Yendor
22nd February 2013, 01:34 PM
Do you have spark?

Have you checked the fuses?

jujunini
23rd February 2013, 04:46 PM
I fix it !!!!!!!!
I tested the ignition coil : ok
i tested the ignition itself : ok
i charged the battery
then I checked the mixer for the third time and found out the mixer was slightly unscrewed where the diaphragm is.... just about 1mm on one of the three screws.
I screwed it, put it back on the carb, go in the car, turn the key, and the engine started without any hesitation :D
thank for your help guys !!
Everyday I know more and more on this car :)